The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

really interesting that they actually asked Abram to cut weight despite having him play closer to the line

I'd assume it's to help him be a little quicker, especially in coverage. Kyzir White played the second most snaps of any Chargers LB and he's like 215. 

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Sucks, seemed to be a great fit in GBs system. 

Yeah, I was really excited to see him play. They still have the same IR rules as last year so could and should still come back if it’s not like a season ending injury.

KJ Wright wonder what he’s up to

20 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Have to think there is a strong possibility that Morrow ends up on the IR. 

didnt get that impression midweek but gruden basically discussed his injury and javin white's under the same breath, which makes me think its pretty bad

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 8:59 PM, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah but that was one of those things where I always felt that the office of line was always over paid and needed to be cheaper because of the nature of the guard position and the center position. I personally believe the only positions on the opposite line that we get paid on both tackles because of the type of talent you need to have there

I think in total, with Jackson and Brown we were probably paying the OL as a whole too much. However when you break it down, was Hudson really that bad value in what he was earning considering he was a top 3 centre compared to say, Richard at RB3 or Nassib at DE4 or Arnette at CB4 or John Brown at WR4. Seems quite decent value compared to what they have produced at their respective contracts IMHO. Brown was an obvious trade and no issues with that and Jackson was overpaid Sono issue there either. 

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Yeah, I was really excited to see him play. They still have the same IR rules as last year so could and should still come back if it’s not like a season ending injury.

KJ Wright wonder what he’s up to

Waiting for the preseason to end so he does not have to participate.  Have not heard of him visiting any other teams so I imagine there is some sort of understanding between him and GB.  I think we cut Richard and sign Wright for $8-10 million over 2 years.  I would not be surprised if I have the contract completely wrong either with the contracts we do.  Could be a vet minimum 1 year deal or $8-10 million 100% guaranteed.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1

Excited to see Deablo get some time at practice and hopefully play in the last preseason game. With Jackson coming into town week 1. The thought of Muse and Deablo having to play a bigger role is not great even Kwiat playing a bigger role does not sit well with me. Bradley has busted out some crazy stuff before against the Ravens wonder if we see something like that again with the injuries at LB. 

On 8/22/2021 at 7:10 PM, NYRaider said:

I'd assume it's to help him be a little quicker, especially in coverage. Kyzir White played the second most snaps of any Chargers LB and he's like 215. 

Speed at linebacker is what makes Gus Bradley’s defense works. It makes a bunch of people drop in the coverage so it’s almost like going up against seven DBs. 

On 8/22/2021 at 8:05 PM, Darbsk said:

I think in total, with Jackson and Brown we were probably paying the OL as a whole too much. However when you break it down, was Hudson really that bad value in what he was earning considering he was a top 3 centre compared to say, Richard at RB3 or Nassib at DE4 or Arnette at CB4 or John Brown at WR4. Seems quite decent value compared to what they have produced at their respective contracts IMHO. Brown was an obvious trade and no issues with that and Jackson was overpaid Sono issue there either. 

I think here the issue was not only for not being paid a lot but the fact that the offensive line was actually aging. In Rodney Hudson run blocking had deteriorated. It was one of those things where you had to think about a year from now would you be able to get a third round pick for Hudson a year from now? Probably not. He was only going to get worse and on top of that his contract made it impossible to cut him. 

Not saying I was jumping for joy when it happened but I at the very least understand the perspective.

Edited by Jeremy408