Washington OTC at #74, you make the call. (#19 JOK, #51 W Davis)

MikeT14

Pick at #74  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who are we taking at #74?

• Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
    • Davis Mills, QB, Stanford
    • Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse
    • Kelvin Jospeh, CB, Kentucky
    • Tay Gowan, CB, UCF
    • James Hudson, T, Cincy
    • Cade Johnson, WR, South Dakota
    • Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, USC
    • Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford
    • Trey Sermon, RB, Ohio State
    • Pete Werner, LB, Ohio State
    • ArDarius Washington, S, TCU

In the first round, Washington selected Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame with its 19th pick. 

In the 2nd round, Washington selected Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State with its 51st pick. 

The 3rd round is underway.

Round 3

65. Jacksonville Jaguars - Brevin Jordan, TE Miami
66. New York Jets - Terrance Marshall Jr., WR, LSU
67. Houston Texans - Kyle Trask, QB, Florida
68. Atlanta Falcons - Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M
69. Cincinnati Bengals - Richie Grant, S, UCF
70. Philadelphia Eagles - Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa
71. Denver Broncos - Osa Odighizuwa, DL, UCLA
72. Detroit Lions - Ronnie Perkins, Edge, Oklahoma
73. Carolina Panthers - Baron Browning, LB,  Ohio State
74. Washington Football Team (from San Francisco 49ers)
75. Dallas Cowboys
76. New York Giants
77. Los Angeles Chargers
78. Minnesota Vikings
79. Las Vegas Raiders (from Arizona Cardinals)
80. Las Vegas Raiders
81. Miami Dolphins
82. Washington Football Team

(Assume that if a really good player isn't on here... they're gone already or are off our board)

We lost out on Trask and Mond, but Mills is still there. Do we pull the trigger or keep building up talent around our current QBs?

13 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Seen Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse, mocked early in the second.

Ball hawk with hands on THIS defense? 😲 

Fits a need.

Let's go!

Definitely possible. Need his medicals to check out as he comes off a torn ACL. 

• Like 1

This is tough, because once again my favorite player is a (primarily) slot receiver in Amon-Ra St. Brown. But as I see Samuel primarily playing there in the long run, I’m not sure the value is great. You could play them together, but...I’m just not sure that is the right mix. 

Dyami Brown would be an interesting fit. His long speed and deep ball prowess would potentially help spread teams out more and really open things up for Samuel to feast over the middle. He would add a different element to the WR group. 

I don’t know if Jevon Holland was gone by this pick, but he would be my top option as a safety. Same with Brady Christensen, who would be my top OL prospect here, and Tommy Tremble, who would be my top TE. 

Can Pete Werner play MLB? That’s the $64,000 question, and while I think he might be able to do it, I’m not 100% convinced. I’d probably be willing to gamble on waiting until 82 to see if he’s still there and then considering pulling the trigger. 

So for me, I’m going Dyami Brown. I’m still not satisfied with our WR corps — speed kills, and I don’t think we need to be fiddling around with 3 slow Z receivers. 

• Like 1

This 3rd round option just illustrates how big the drop off is in talent after the second round.  

15 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This is tough, because once again my favorite player is a (primarily) slot receiver in Amon-Ra St. Brown. But as I see Samuel primarily playing there in the long run, I’m not sure the value is great. You could play them together, but...I’m just not sure that is the right mix. 

This is why I have been scratching my head as we load up on slot receivers with Samuel and Humphries when the draft is littered with them.  They are going to be big value options during the draft but the last thing we need is another small receiver.

41 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Dyami Brown would be an interesting fit. His long speed and deep ball prowess would potentially help spread teams out more and really open things up for Samuel to feast over the middle. He would add a different element to the WR group. 

I agree with you. I think he's the better fit/pick here in this situation over St Brown.

41 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I don’t know if Jevon Holland was gone by this pick, but he would be my top option as a safety. Same with Brady Christensen, who would be my top OL prospect here, and Tommy Tremble, who would be my top TE. 

Holland is gone. Tremble I was *spoiler* including starting in the next batch. I'll start including Brady as well.

This board is a big Oof. Not a lot great names left to choose from here. I think that might be different around draft time. Anyways I'm between three players again.

1) OT James Hudson - I like everything about Hudson except his athletic profile and boy that is not pretty. He's giving me Geron Christian vibes. BUT I'm a big believer that we need to develop a OT prospect of the future ASAP.  I'm turned on to @e16bball 's boy Brady Christensen and if he was available then I think I'd favor him over Hudson pretty easily. Also, I think Hudson is fringe 3-4th round at this point so we could possibly get him with our second third round pick.

2) LB Pete Werner - I think Werner is the safest pick here and it be might time to double down at LB. Tremendous athletic profile and the dropoff at LB is pretty significant after him. I think him and Cole would be interchangeable at MLB and SLB

3) WR Dyami Brown - It's a shock for me to have a WR listed here but I think Brown provides perhaps the best value here on the board. I am totally fine with our WR corps how they are however and believe we should not draft one in the first three rounds.

After I typed that all out I think I am rolling with Pete Werner as our pick.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

This board is a big Oof. Not a lot great names left to choose from here. I think that might be different around draft time. Anyways I'm between three players again.

1) OT James Hudson - I like everything about Hudson except his athletic profile and boy that is not pretty. He's giving me Geron Christian vibes. BUT I'm a big believer that we need to develop a OT prospect of the future ASAP.  I'm turned on to @e16bball 's boy Brady Christensen and if he was available then I think I'd favor him over Hudson pretty easily. Also, I think Hudson is fringe 3-4th round at this point so we could possibly get him with our second third round pick.

2) LB Pete Werner - I think Werner is the safest pick here and it be might time to double down at LB. Tremendous athletic profile and the dropoff at LB is pretty significant after him. I think him and Cole would be interchangeable at MLB and SLB

3) WR Dyami Brown - It's a shock for me to have a WR listed here but I think Brown provides perhaps the best value here on the board. I am totally fine with our WR corps how they are however and believe we should not draft one in the first three rounds.

After I typed that all out I think I am rolling with Pete Werner as our pick.

I went with Pete Werner too, but like you and others said, this is a tough choice. A lot of even graded players for me in this group. I’d be fine with Brown, St. Brown, Cisco, Hudson, Mills, Washington or Sermon with this selection too.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, e16bball said:

Can Pete Werner play MLB? That’s the $64,000 question, and while I think he might be able to do it, I’m not 100% convinced. I’d probably be willing to gamble on waiting until 82 to see if he’s still there and then considering pulling the trigger. 

So for me, I’m going Dyami Brown. I’m still not satisfied with our WR corps — speed kills, and I don’t think we need to be fiddling around with 3 slow Z receivers. 

I think Pete Werner & Barron Browning are both better at SLB rather than MLB but, they could play MLB too.

I definitely agree it’d be better to wait to see if he’s still there at 82. But, I did select him.

Dyami Brown is my #2 for this selection.