Chiefs trade for OT Orlando Brown

kingseanjohn

The Clark trade and the Mathieu signing redefined the defense the last two years. It's hard to fault them.  The cheaper FA have been hit or miss. 

Veach's first draft in 2018 was a near bust, though it was already light because of the Mahomes deal. 2019 and 2020 have been outstanding drafts. 

J

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Jak, I definitely want us to win the Super Bowl this year and win several more. I would love Brown to solve the only roadblock to a Super Bowl win. My only concern is that if we get caught in this "throw everything at what we perceive ad the biggest issue", we run the risk of missing the long term picture. I just don't think that trading picks for players that are on the brink of cashing in is a sustainable process long term.

Brown was a pro bowl RT past two seasons and he wants the LT responsibility. Eric Fisher never seemed like he really wanted it.  Brown will be an average LT at the absolute worst. No guarantee we get that with a rookie. And we got a 2nd round pick out of the deal. I don't see how anyone could hate this trade. We robbed the Ravens.

• Like 1

We can disagree on Brown.   I don’t hate the player,  I hate how Veach operates and he’s creating holes in the future for short sighted goals.     If he didn’t start with the roster he did,  we’d be asking why he is still GM,  yet he is revered and defended by most.      We don’t have to agree,   But it’s not like people who question Veach moves don’t have solid reasoning 

8 hours ago, Kirill said:

Brown was a pro bowl RT past two seasons and he wants the LT responsibility. Eric Fisher never seemed like he really wanted it.  Brown will be an average LT at the absolute worst. No guarantee we get that with a rookie. And we got a 2nd round pick out of the deal. I don't see how anyone could hate this trade. We robbed the Ravens.

He was a pro bowl LT for the ravens last season 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, samsel23 said:

We can disagree on Brown.   I don’t hate the player,  I hate how Veach operates and he’s creating holes in the future for short sighted goals.     If he didn’t start with the roster he did,  we’d be asking why he is still GM,  yet he is revered and defended by most.      We don’t have to agree,   But it’s not like people who question Veach moves don’t have solid reasoning 

The Super Bowl

Such a short sighted goal lol

The only real move I question is trading for Clark. The intent I understand, the issue is Clark didn't perform as intended.
Hios draft performance is .. well .. so ... and so ...

May be as a result of this there seems to be a typical Veach approach to BIG issues:

Fix core positions with proven players, not rely on the draft. Fill out the roster around those positions with draft picks. If you hit: No need to do the former for a while.

The only issue I see: this may lead to cap issues sooner or later  ... but if the Chiefs grab three Lombardis until then ... I'm more than fine with it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but a couple posters are making it like Veach is a madman with his finger on a nuclear button. He has an entire team of people that iron out cap situations and so on and so forth and the cap is something that we, unless we work for NFL, will never fully understand. Also, Andy and Clark are all in on the process, if they thought Veach was overstepping I have no doubt they would shut it down asap, i.e. see Dorsey.

Again, to each his own but I just don't see the debbie downer angle against somebody else spending their money the way they see fit. 🤷