Washington OTC at #82, you make the call. (#19 JOK, #51 W Davis, #74 Werner)

MikeT14

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we take at 82?

• James Hudson, T, Cincy
    • Tay Gowan, CB, UCF
    • Cade Johnson, WR, South Dakota
    • Trey Sermon, RB, Ohio State
    • Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame
    • Hunter Long, TE, Boston College
    • Kenny Gainwell, RB, Memphis
    • Walker Little, OT, Stanford
    • Victor Dimukeje, DE, Duke
    • Patrick Jones, DE, Pittsburgh
    • Brady Christensen, OT, BYU
    • Tre Brown, CB, Oklahoma

Round 3

65. Jacksonville Jaguars - Brevin Jordan, TE Miami
66. New York Jets - Terrance Marshall Jr., WR, LSU
67. Houston Texans - Kyle Trask, QB, Florida
68. Atlanta Falcons - Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M
69. Cincinnati Bengals - Richie Grant, S, UCF
70. Philadelphia Eagles - Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa
71. Denver Broncos - Osa Odighizuwa, DL, UCLA
72. Detroit Lions - Ronnie Perkins, Edge, Oklahoma
73. Carolina Panthers - Baron Browning, LB,  Ohio State
74. Washington Football Team (from San Francisco 49ers) - Pete Werner, LB, Ohio State
75. Dallas Cowboys - Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky
76. New York Giants - Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, USC
77. Los Angeles Chargers - Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford
78. Minnesota Vikings - Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
79. Las Vegas Raiders (from Arizona Cardinals) - Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse
80. Las Vegas Raiders - Davis Mills, QB, Stanford
81. Miami Dolphins - ArDarius Washington, S, TCU
82. Washington Football Team

(Assume that if a really good player isn't on here... they're gone already or are off our board)

I went with OT Brady Christensen but I don't mind Tommy Tremble who looks like he might win this. I chose Brady over Tremble because we could possibly land either him or Hunter Long who I also like in the fourth round. I don't think we'd be able to get an OT in the fourth round, but Hudson might be there. I  think Brady Christensen is a tier above James Hudson whereas both the Tight ends are more even.  Also a depth OT is worth way more than a depth TE player

I went Walker Little feel his upside is a lot higher then a 3rd round tackle,if he hadn't opted out and the Knee is/was healed he's prob a 1st round prospect instead of being here in the 3rd

Think some of y'all feel we have to draft to TE  and in a limited class are willing to reach for one.

I’m just gonna keep it real if we pass on Terrace Marshall in the second we deserve to suck!!! And we deserve for him to go to the Giants or Dallas or Philly and torch us for years. That guy is a monster just plain crazy he’s even listed in the third he’s my number 3 WR overall!!!

These limited lists of players are just crazy there’s going to be so many more then just these guys. I mean no saftey on this list. To tell the truth I love our first two picks but if this is our haul we completely missed the value in this class to draft need. Davis and JOK are awesome. But that’s completely need and we missed value by drafting for what we needed. Now we drafted a second LB because we weren’t foreshadowing the board. We don’t need a whole new LB core. We need a Mic. But for the sake of this the best tape for the allowed players is James Hudson so now we have OL and LB or with votes we have another need TE in a class that’s really not that great. Sorry but this draft is a bust for me guys. But I’m glad we can protect Fitz magic while our DL start signing elsewhere and Terry wastes away here

Edited by ripsean21

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m just gonna keep it real if we pass on Terrace Marshall in the second we deserve to suck!!! And we deserve for him to go to the Giants or Dallas or Philly and torch us for years. That guy is a monster just plain crazy he’s even listed in the third he’s my number 3 WR overall!!!

He did have that injury flag come up. Will be intriguing to see if it causes him to fall.

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

These limited lists of players are just crazy there’s going to be so many more then just these guys. I mean no saftey on this list.

I had said think of this as the top 10-12 guys on our board. 

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

To tell the truth I love our first two picks but if this is our haul we completely missed the value in this class to draft need.

I agree this has been a slight issue so far. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The 1st/2nd tier guys have all been taken. We've missed out. I'd expect you'd see some coming in the next couple rounds.

Hopefully. And I hope you don’t take this as a slight. I just man what we’ve done is like my worse nightmare for us this upcoming weekend. Not because we didn’t get good players. Please don’t take what I meant as a shot I love these threads. I love voting and I love to see what we all think. I think this is just the first time I’ve seen so much parody from our posters as to what they want as far as the votes and I’m slightly surprised.

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

You all are gonna have to sell me on Tremble, because I don't get this voting. I don't even know where the video is of him being a combo TE for us. So @Slappy Mc, @turtle28, etc who voted for him, help me out. This, to me is such a projection on maybe he can do that too

I don't really get the Tremble/Brevin type tight ends.  They are closer to full backs.  They aren't the long size mismatch players of the modern NFL.  

This one is a 4-horse race for me. 

I really like Brady Christensen, but one of the big appeals for me is that if the short arms issue does turn out to be a big problem for him as an OT, I think he could be a Joe Thuney type OG. Having already spent a high pick on Wyatt Davis, we shouldn’t be so deeply in need of that moving forward. Still, he’s the runner-up for me at this pick. 

I’m a fan of Kenny Gainwell, but between Gibson and McKissic, we really should be covered in the pass-catching RB department, which is where I think he’ll be a star. Don’t think you can invest a day 2 pick in a RB you won’t be planning to unleash immediately.

I’ve made noise all along about them needing to add another DE that can get after the passer. I really liked Patrick Jones’s tape from Pitt, but then he had a really poor pre-draft process. The difficulty he had at the Senior Bowl was enough to make one wonder if perhaps the reason he (and Twyman and Weaver) looked so good on Saturdays is just because they had 3 pretty good players on the same DL, and not because any of them are really going to be high-impact next-level players. Would take him here in some scenarios, but I think it will end up being Kerrigan as the backup DE over the next couple years anyway.

Which brings us to my choice: Tommy Tremble. This is basically a shameless attempt to find the next Kittle or Kelce. The two things we really knew about those guys were that they could run well and they blocked like demons (in terms of effort and attitude, if not technique). Tremble ran a 4.60 at his pro day, which is not quite Kittle or Waller speed, but certainly within the speed range that I think is critical for a TE. And he does in fact block like a demon. As we’ve seen with Logan Thomas, you can teach a guy with the necessary athletic profile to run routes and develop the feel needed for the position — but you can’t reach him to run fast, to relish contact, to enjoy wrecking guys as blocker, to be physical after the catch, etc. Those things you either have or you don’t have.