Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

As of right now I think Lance is the pick. I  can careless that Kyle felt comfortable with Mac when we made the trade. I believe Kyle feels comfortable with drafting Lance now and is in the same page with our scouting department. 

Love your consistency. I'd be happy to bet you $100 straight up Mac vs Lance

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I will continue to say it...just don't believe a word he ever says. He lies. That's what he does. It's part of the job...he just takes it to a weird extreme lol. He's so worried about everyone else having information. 

Hope you're right but I don't see a reason to lie right now.

2 minutes ago, Uncle_Rico said:

You liked Watson enough to take him at 2 back then? No one liked him or Mahomes that much, except for Chris Simms and he got a ton of crap for that. 

#2 was considered way too high to take those guys but hindsight changes people's opinions. Niners also had a private workout with Trubisky which no one seems upset about passing on him after. 

The Niners plan was star defensive lineman at #2 and Cousins in free agency. That's a good plan. It obviously didn't work out and here we are but I'm not blaming them for passing on a QB when the top guy on the board was Trubisky.

My number one QB in that class would have been Josh Allen, I believe (had he come out). There was talk that he was going to come out after the year and I got into a big long debate about it on the old board in our old draft thread. was pretty funny. I hated Trubisky, liked Watson, did *not* like Mahomes (thought he was a project), but I Had a weird affinity for Josh Allen. 

Just now, Uncle_Rico said:

Hope you're right but I don't see a reason to lie right now.

Oh yeah, but at the same time, he hasn't said anything either LOL. Thats why I keep flipping on who I think we are picking. I have no freaking clue. None of the choices will surprise me, and all of them will surprise me lol 

• Like 1

Love your consistency. I'd be happy to bet you $100 straight up Mac vs Lance

I'm fluid when new info I change. Again I get it with Mac but I think Adam is ether doing two things. Ether Kyle wants the league to know he made a effort to look into Lance and Fields or imo the league knows it's Lance and the dominos started to fall. Starting with the broncos trading for Teddy. 

Just now, Forge said:

My number one QB in that class would have been Josh Allen, I believe (had he come out). There was talk that he was going to come out after the year and I got into a big long debate about it on the old board in our old draft thread. was pretty funny. I hated Trubisky, liked Watson, did *not* like Mahomes (thought he was a project), but I Had a weird affinity for Josh Allen. 

Interesting.

Shanahan is on record as wishing Allen came out so he could have evaluated him. Would be great to have ended up with him but I would have hated the pick at the time. Allen was an extremely polarizing prospect. 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

This is something I have been thinking about a lot. 

I can understand deciding that you just need a point guard at QB who can distribute the football - those were words I used when talking about why Nick Mullens could be a viable starter for us on our podcast, but if that is all that you want, then why are you teasing me with the idea you also want someone who is an incredible athlete?? 

Just say nothing. It would be better than saying this crap and then taking someone that goes completely in the opposite direction

What keeps me from agreeing with the underlying notion is the assumption that therefore Jones will make the best point guard.  Four years in the same system practicing throws over and over till he probably could make them blindfolded (as Steve young once said about practicing under Walsh) makes Jones look like that at this point in time But we're talking about a guy that we hope will be here for another decade or more.

The perfect phrase came from one of the articles many pages back to we want a guy to merely run Shanny's offense, or to elevate it. Has Shanny's current offense reached the pinnacle of everything it can be or can it be more still with an even better point guard? Mahomes not only was better than Alex, but Reid who is as good a coach as Kyle saw that and changed his offense some to take advantage of the additional capabilities he now had available to him.

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

I'm fluid when new info I change. Again I get it with Mac but I think Adam is ether doing two things. Ether Kyle wants the league to know he made a effort to look into Lance and Fields or imo the league knows it's Lance and the dominos started to fall. Starting with the broncos trading for Teddy. 

I was testing your conviction for Lance. Looks like deep down you know it's Mac. Welcome.

I was testing your conviction for Lance. Looks like deep down you know it's Mac. Welcome.

Lol again I'm fluid. I think it's Lance and things are starting to make sense. Am I wrong maybe but I think it's ether Lance or Mac. Fields imo is out completely. 

Just now, adamq said:

There's always a chance NY takes his guy or even trades the pick. Remember Kyle is paranoid as hell 

Assuming you have Lawrence/Wilson 1 and 2 on your board like almost everyone seems to then no reason to lie. 

If not though there is slight incentive. But let's be real, Jets are locked in.

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Lol again I'm fluid. I think it's Lance and things are starting to make sense. Am I wrong maybe but I think it's ether Lance or Mac. Fields imo is out completely. 

I know it's Mac. You know it's Mac. I know you know it's Mac. 

Give in.