Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/27/pfts-one-and-only-mock-draft-of-the-year/

In recent years, we’ve shifted to a one-shot mock draft, with no concern for accuracy and no pride in authorship. Especially since I have now exported the assignment to a seasoned scout who currently is not employed by any team but whose credentials would not be questioned if his name were to be mentioned.

I thought about tinkering with his selections. But then I realized that I just don’t care. If any of these picks are right (and the first two are virtually guaranteed to be), the anonymous, unattached scout with no skin in the game gets the credit. For all that are wrong, I’m sure to still get the blame.

Again, I don’t care.

So here’s our one and only mock draft, with responsibility totally abdicated to someone who knows how to put together a draft board far better than I ever will.

3. 49ers (from Houston via Miami): Justin Fields, quarterback, Ohio State.

Yeah, the 49ers reportedly have narrowed their pick to Mac Jones and Trey Lance. Until they make the pick, however, anything can happen. Maybe something surprising will occur, as the 49ers strike the balance between the need for someone who can play now against the reality that the fans will lose their minds if it’s Mac Jones.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

It wasn't based on the press conference, though I wish he would have shared the info that made him change his mind. That would have helped

I mean does it matter if he disclosed what made him change his mind? Guys like King and Breer who are plugged in said they don't know for certainty who they pick but opposing teams think it is Mac. Doubt Biderman is getting inside information over anyone else. 

Tomorrow afternoon/night will be interesting to say the least…. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean does it matter if he disclosed what made him change his mind? Guys like King and Breer who are plugged in said they don't know for certainty who they pick but opposing teams think it is Mac. Doubt Biderman is getting inside information over anyone else. 

Tomorrow afternoon/night will be interesting to say the least…. 

I'm actually just wondering if they know about a Jimmy trade? That could make sense. If the thought was Mac v Lance, lis, I don't know how likely it is that we throw Lance out there immediately. So maybe that trade is making them think it's Mac? 

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I wonder where Lynch is on this. He obviously said Kyle is picking the QB.

He's kyle's ***** to be honest. I'm pretty sure it was Kyle who hired him. I always just view lynch as a figurehead

8 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

It's sad when Florio makes more sense then our team lol. 

King, Rappaport, Schefter, Simms & McShay lately say Jones & possibly Lance. 

Local media has now completely shifted to Jones

Florio is the only major media personality linking us to Fields. He's gotten pretty reliable, but lets see who's right 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm actually just wondering if they know about a Jimmy trade? That could make sense. If the thought was Mac v Lance, lis, I don't know how likely it is that we throw Lance out there immediately. So maybe that trade is making them think it's Mac? 

The potential Jimmy trade they could have known about since Kawakami wrote about that over the weekend and what he was told. That alone doesn't mean it is Mac though. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The potential Jimmy trade they could have known about since Kawakami wrote about that over the weekend and what he was told. That alone doesn't mean it is Mac though. 

Maybe that's what it is. They all know about the Jimmy trade, so they buy in to the narrative that Jones is the only QB that Kyle would trust to start from day 1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's why I'm wondering if that's the info. If it is, I agree with you. Doesn't mean Mac. Hard to say without the info

• Like 1