Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, Forge said:

So far just really vague non football stuff

How could there be something like that that absolutely no reporter or talking head knows anything about. In this day and age I don't think that's possible. I chalk it up to mass hysteria.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Oh man that’s too good

How in the world can someone suggest Fields doesn't care about football when this guy looks like he's never seen a dumbbell let alone a barbell. How much do you think a guy cares when that is what he;s done to get himself in shape after 4 year's in Alabama's conditoining program. Why, please someone, why does he get a pass on everything when people keep making up stuff to criticize Fields about?

• Like 1

I know this is from 3 years ago, but how does that guy take Mac Jones when Fields and Lance are sitting there?

Also..

"You have to protect those guys"

Trent Williams massive contract ✔

Sign Alex Mack ✔

Commit to a 5th year with McG ✔

🤔

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

If we're picking Lance, wouldn't be surprised if we have the parameters of a Jimmy G trade, as well as a separate Minshew trade, dependent on if the team involved will pick a rookie or not

Fun story, minshew was one of the guys Lance threw with this off season

3 minutes ago, adamq said:

I know this is from 3 years ago, but how does that guy take Mac Jones when Fields and Lance are sitting there?

Also..

Sign Alex Mack ✔

🤔

Kyle is going to Kyle.. and set us back 3+ years

18 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

It is funny, most, if not all think that Jones could have been had at #12 or possibly later,Within this forum and in the media.

in the press conference, Shanny straight out said that they wanted someone that they didn’t think would be there at #12.

keep that in mind.......

While Shanny may think Jones is top 3-5, he would have to keep his finger on the pulse of what the rest of the league values that player, or at least have an estimate.

Jones wasn’t going top 3-5, we are going for someone else!

Unfortunately Shanahan is flat out awful at getting value out of the draft. In fact I don't think he cares. He is so sure of his picks that he is willing to pay any price to get them. Never any humility about the possibiity that everyone is right and he is the one that is wrong.  Would be completely in character to fall in love with Jones while considering pick number 12 and then ask just how high he would have to go to ensure getting him, Presto - trade up to 3.

In fact now that I think about it, this scenario seems as likely to me as any. Sad, but true.

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

Also..

Sign Alex Mack ✔

🤔

Two words: JUSTIN FIELDS

• Like 4

1 minute ago, big9erfan said:

Unfortunately Shanahan is flat out awful at getting value out of the draft. In fact I don't think he cares. He is so sure of his picks that he is willing to pay any price to get them. Never any humility about the possibiity that everyone is right and he is the one that is wrong.  Would be completely in character to fall in love with Jones while considering pick number 12 and then ask just how high he would have to go to ensure getting him, Presto - trade up to 3.

In fact now that I think about it, this scenario seems as likely to me as any. Sad, but true.

It is time to take control of the draft from him and actually have a real draft guy do this, we are looking like a 3 ring circus here..

1 minute ago, big9erfan said:

Ehhhh I disagree, I would think Shannahan would figure that players like Lance and Fields would get drafted before Jones, because that is the QB trend everyone is seeing.

Then, Kyle thinking that he is a genius, would think “ I will let people grab these guys and I will take the one no one wants because I can make him the best and he is perfect for my scheme (Jones)”, I don’t think he would wanna move up to #3 and give up what they gave up when he could have gotten him at #6.

but then again, we are trying to jump into someone else’s head, so we could be very wrong

Just finished listening to Bidermans podcast. I was expecting more fire honestly lol. He did bring up a good point about the whole why it shouldn't be Mac thing that I hadn't heard or put together before. 

Shanny is the best playcaller and schemer offensively in the nfl... if he is so good why does his qb need to be drop dead accurate?

10 minutes ago, adamq said:

Also..

Sign Alex Mack ✔

🤔

I think Kyle biggest issue is Jimmy. I think he's over thinking this. I think Kyle truly believes Jimmy's biggest issue is his brain. He doesn't think he needs a superstar to be a Superbowl champion. But It's his ego. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, adamq said:

Also..

Sign Alex Mack ✔

🤔

This answer is so funny, Figure out my scheme? Heck no No one is ever going to be able to do that,.

Flash for you Shanny (and everyone who thinks Jones is the best fit for Shanny's offense) - Football evolves. Right now it is in the midst of one of the biggest changes we've seen in a couple decades,. If Shanny thinks Jones is Brees, he might be looking for the wrong guy, I loved Brees. But the way footbal is changing I'm not even sure he would be successful over the next decade. And I don't see Jones as another Brees,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Just finished listening to Bidermans podcast. I was expecting more fire honestly lol. He did bring up a good point about the whole why it shouldn't be Mac thing that I hadn't heard or put together before. 

Shanny is the best playcaller and schemer offensively in the nfl... if he is so good why does his qb need to be drop dead accurate?

He's a fairly even keeled guy, so he didn't come off angry like me lol

30 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

It is funny, most, if not all think that Jones could have been had at #12 or possibly later,Within this forum and in the media.

in the press conference, Shanny straight out said that they wanted someone that they didn’t think would be there at #12.

keep that in mind.......

While Shanny may think Jones is top 3-5, he would have to keep his finger on the pulse of what the rest of the league values that player, or at least have an estimate.

Jones wasn’t going top 3-5, we are going for someone else!

I don't know for sure that he's there at 12, but I don't think you need to go to 3. That being said, we did call about 4,5 and 6 as well if reports are accurate. 

I certainly wouldn't have made my move so early if my target was Mac. He had just had a rather underwhelming pro day throwing the ball, I don't know where the fire would come from for him. There wasn't any real driving action for him. 

My first thought was for Lance. Ben had put out earlier that if you wanted him you specifically had to get to 3