The Car Thread

Dome

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

The bad thing about Kia is...they're still cramming features in over real quality.

If you want features, go for it.  If you want quality...maybe hold up and look around.

Kia backs everything with a huge warranty, and charges very little to extend it. If the quality wasn't there, it would be way too expensive for them to do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrDrew said:

Kia backs everything with a huge warranty, and charges very little to extend it. If the quality wasn't there, it would be way too expensive for them to do that.

True story.

Kia imo is the Honda/Toyota of the ‘80.  People thought they were “foreign pieces of s***” until they regularly started clocking 200k+ as oppposed the 100k nonsense domestic cars were lasting (on average).  After a decade or two they essentially changed the way Detroit made cars and now are very highly thought of.

It just takes a long time for public perception to catch up.

6 hours ago, MrDrew said:

Not longevity.  Quality.  Materials, fit and finish, the feel of the unit.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Not longevity.  Quality.  Materials, fit and finish, the feel of the unit.

It's still better than Chevy, Dodge and Ford. Not quite Toyota/Honda though.

My wife drives a 2012 Sedona. True, it's not as quiet as the Sienna or Odyssey, and the finish isn't as nice, but the interior has held up, it has a great warranty, it has equal crash tests, and it was $10k less for a comparable model. The new ones are even nicer, but only run about $5k less. 

8 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

It's still better than Chevy, Dodge and Ford. Not quite Toyota/Honda though.

I’ve owned multiple Honda’s, Subaru’s and a Toyota and my current Ram truck has a better fit and finish than either of them, for whatever that’s worth. 

8 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

My wife drives a 2012 Sedona. True, it's not as quiet as the Sienna or Odyssey, and the finish isn't as nice, but the interior has held up, it has a great warranty, it has equal crash tests, and it was $10k less for a comparable model. The new ones are even nicer, but only run about $5k less. 

It also has newer tech.

Toyota especially is absurdly slow to bring new tech to market.  Their Tundra is essentially a 2008 design. 

Any mechanics or gearheads here? I want to swap the cab of my 2002 F250 Super Duty with another. Frame and the motor are fine, but I want to see what years I can look at that would be compatible. I was told the F250 and F350s are identical in regards to cabs, but I am having a hell of a time finding what years are compatible. Best I have been able to   come up with is that the F series is what mine falls into, being between 1997 and 2003.

Any ideas guys?

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Any mechanics or gearheads here? I want to swap the cab of my 2002 F250 Super Duty with another. Frame and the motor are fine, but I want to see what years I can look at that would be compatible. I was told the F250 and F350s are identical in regards to cabs, but I am having a hell of a time finding what years are compatible. Best I have been able to   come up with is that the F series is what mine falls into, being between 1997 and 2003.

Any ideas guys?

Sounds tough.

If I were you I’d just trade it in on a Prius and call it a day.

• Like 1

I’m buying a 2017 Mazda 3 touring hatchback 2.0 liter engine.  The reviews I’ve seen are very positive. Apparently it’s fun to drive, nice interior, and I think it looks way better than the new civic.  The only negative I’ve heard is civics are more reliable than Mazda.  Anyone have experience with Mazdas?  

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sounds tough.

Prius pullling one of those trailers made from a truck bed. Now he just needs to find out what year of bed he can use.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sounds tough.

I'm a carpenter you sumbitch. You WANT me to lose every bid?!?!

2 hours ago, Dome said:

Prius pullling one of those trailers made from a truck bed. Now he just needs to find out what year of bed he can use.

Did you just create the hillbilly-hipster? WTH Dome... shame...much shame.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Did you just create the hillbilly-hipster? WTH Dome... shame...much shame.

Lmao hicksters is what they’re called, and they’ve been around since before my time

• Like 1

On 2018-07-20 at 3:54 AM, Tugboat said:

SUVs suck so hard.  Especially the 90% of them that also have literally zero off-road credibility and are basically just jumbo wasteful oversized booster seats for drivers who don't know what they're doing.

Awe yes, the self proclaimed expert that condemns others choices and comments on ALL drivers abilities. 

People purchase vehicles for a variety of reasons and it’s to bad they don’t purchase based on your criteria.

As for their abilities I’m sure they measure up just fine.