The Car Thread

Dome

On 5/5/2018 at 10:22 PM, steadypimpin said:

Any advice on dealers that say they don't haggle? There's gotta be some wiggle room. I went today and offered them like $1000 less than their offer and they stood firm. I walked out. I would've bought the vehicle today if they played ball a little bit. I didn't really know what else to do when they refused any bargaining.

Don't go.

A No-Haggle dealer is one that has protected profit margins in everything. I'm sure you can find the car cheaper elsewhere. Now that being said, if you agree to a price before walking in the door and then try to get a lower one when you get there, you're just an a-hole.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

Uh, I love my CVT in my Nissan... I find it much easier than merging with an auto.

Nissan is slightly better than the rest, but they still accelerate terrible. I wrote that after driving a new Corolla, and trying to merge on the freeway in horror.

They’d be fine if you could slowly pull away at the steadiest of paces. Otherwise they could all die and it would make me happy.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

Nissan is slightly better than the rest, but they still accelerate terrible. I wrote that after driving a new Corolla, and trying to merge on the freeway in horror.

They’d be fine if you could slowly pull away at the steadiest of paces. Otherwise they could all die and it would make me happy.

Agreed.

My wife’s Subaru has a CVT and I feel like it has a rubber band for a transmission.  It’s the worst.

I drive it using the paddle shifters just to make the driving experience less miserable.

17 hours ago, scar988 said:

Don't go.

A No-Haggle dealer is one that has protected profit margins in everything. I'm sure you can find the car cheaper elsewhere. Now that being said, if you agree to a price before walking in the door and then try to get a lower one when you get there, you're just an a-hole.

No I didn't agree to it, I test drove it twice and the guy never said anything like that. The truck is still for sale, they coulda had a customer but no dice now. I won't be going back there. There's tons of trucks to buy, I don't need to settle cuz they don't wanna play ball with me.

On 5/11/2018 at 6:30 PM, MrDrew said:

Nissan is much better than the rest. They've also been developing theirs for years. The D-step works so well for them.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, packerrfan74 said:

I'd highly recommend the Tacoma. I have a 2010 TRD Sport crew cab. 130k and have had no problems. Been an incredible truck for me so far.

I had a 2001 and 2002 when it was the year 2004. Great trucks!!

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My eyes hurt...

It's like a vegan chicken wing. xD

On 5/5/2018 at 8:22 PM, steadypimpin said:

Any advice on dealers that say they don't haggle? There's gotta be some wiggle room. I went today and offered them like $1000 less than their offer and they stood firm. I walked out. I would've bought the vehicle today if they played ball a little bit. I didn't really know what else to do when they refused any bargaining.

They'll haggle. Give it a few days. They tried to play that game with me. They ended up knocking down the price over the next week over multiple calls to try and get the deal done. If they want the car sold, they'll play ball.

On 5/11/2018 at 2:18 PM, scar988 said:

Uh, I love my CVT in my Nissan... I find it much easier than merging with an auto.

What? I'm not sure how merging with an auto could have any real challenges.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 4:38 AM, jrry32 said:

It's like a vegan chicken wing. xD

They'll haggle. Give it a few days. They tried to play that game with me. They ended up knocking down the price over the next week over multiple calls to try and get the deal done. If they want the car sold, they'll play ball.

What? I'm not sure how merging with an auto could have any real challenges.

A standard Automatic has issues changing gears sometimes and will hunt. I have an easier time with the CVT.

• 4 weeks later...