The Car Thread

Dome

On 20/01/2019 at 1:45 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

One of my roommates in college is manager at a Toyota dealership.. Been talking to him, decided with what deals he can give me. Its midlife crisis time. Hello Supra.  Bye Bye my faithful Lincoln.

What is the pricing on those Supras gonna be like vs their BMW brosephs?  This is the thing that i've been super curious about.  Not because i'd want to buy either...but i wanna know how they stratify it.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

What is the pricing on those Supras gonna be like vs their BMW brosephs?  This is the thing that i've been super curious about.  Not because i'd want to buy either...but i wanna know how they stratify it.

Some info...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a12635049/2019-toyota-supra-what-we-know/ 

12 hours ago, Tugboat said:

White, red leather, fully loaded launch edition 53800.

On 26/01/2019 at 6:41 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

On 26/01/2019 at 6:33 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

White, red leather, fully loaded launch edition 53800.

So somewhere between $49,999.99 and $53,800 if you absolutely must have that garish red leather?

What's the BMW Z4 comparable going to go for?  $60k?  How much is that BMW badge worth?

It's such a weird problem to have.  I'd take the Toyota dealership network and typical service costs over BMW any day...but since it's essentially a BMW in Geisha costume, i can't imagine it's going to be the smoothest operation at your average everyday podunk Toyota Dealership.  It's going to be caught up in all kinds of stupid supply chain disasters at Toyota dealerships trying to source BMW parts, not to mention the loop it'll probably throw the average Toyota "technician" for.

It's just so completely bizarre to me that two completely different, opposite side of the world manufacturers are now forced to come together to profitably make a "sports car" like this.

It's sad.  Meanwhile i'm out here just like...wishing they'd just reopen the production line on e85/86 Z4s.  Back when they were small and simple and light.

12 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

So somewhere between $49,999.99 and $53,800 if you absolutely must have that garish red leather?

What's the BMW Z4 comparable going to go for?  $60k?  How much is that BMW badge worth?

It's such a weird problem to have.  I'd take the Toyota dealership network and typical service costs over BMW any day...but since it's essentially a BMW in Geisha costume, i can't imagine it's going to be the smoothest operation at your average everyday podunk Toyota Dealership.  It's going to be caught up in all kinds of stupid supply chain disasters at Toyota dealerships trying to source BMW parts, not to mention the loop it'll probably throw the average Toyota "technician" for.

It's just so completely bizarre to me that two completely different, opposite side of the world manufacturers are now forced to come together to profitably make a "sports car" like this.

It's sad.  Meanwhile i'm out here just like...wishing they'd just reopen the production line on e85/86 Z4s.  Back when they were small and simple and light.

Theres only 1500 numbered Launch Editions and arnt priced the same as the standards. The dealership bought 3 themselves. One of each of the 3 launch colors, Black, Red and White. Theyre keeping one, and I wasnt 1st. So if I want a launch edition, it is what it is.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

Theres only 1500 numbered Launch Editions and arnt priced the same as the standards. The dealership bought 3 themselves. One of each of the 3 launch colors, Black, Red and White. Theyre keeping one, and I wasnt 1st. So if I want a launch edition, it is what it is.

Are you gonna paint it orange and tell Paul to Smoke 'em when you pull up beside the last of the good Ferraris?

On 1/20/2019 at 11:25 AM, vikesfan89 said:

Was hoping to pay cash for my next vehicle. I don't think I'll be able to wait that long

Start a home business selling popcorn (or literally anything) then write off the interest as a business expense

You have to have a car to buy kernels (or whatever) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue where my low beams won't turn on, but my high beams are just fine.

I swapped the low beam relay with the high beam relay, and nothing changed, so it isn't a relay problem.

I swapped the low beam 15A fuse with the fog light 15A fuse, and no change, so it isn't a fuse problem.

I have no idea what the issue could be.

EDIT: It was the bulbs. I didn't think it would be the bulbs because they both failed at the same time, but it was.