Rookie watch thread.

resilient part 2

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

You came in this thread to discredit Simmons without even watching the game.

Simmons has been much more impressive given their roles on their teams.  BY. A. LONGSHOT.

One game with just a boxscore, most of the season with NBA League pass. go on then..

In the mean time, 12 points, 1 reb, 4 asts, 6 turnovers O.o your right, the BOXSCORE lied.

BTW season total has Simmons shooting 33% beyond 3 ft. 3 freakin ft???? THIS IS NOT A BOXSCORE. .. #ALLSTAR 

54 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

As far as how they have played so far.

Mitchell
Kuzma
Markkanen
Ball
Smith

I agree with this, but in terms of long-term potential I have to rank them:

Ball
Kuzma
Markkanen
Mitchell
Smith

Only reason I rank Mitchell so low is because he is what he is, a tremendous scorer. His usage rate is already among the top players in the league and there really isn't much he can significantly improve upon. He's likely going to be one of the best scorers in the league for a long-time, barring injuries. However, as we've seen with countless other players in the same mold, that doesn't necessarily translate into wins and losses. And I don't really see him significantly upping his assist or rebounding numbers, and he really doesn't need to. He can be a great compliment on a good team in need of scoring.

Ball, Kuzma, and Markkanen all look like they've barely scratched the tip of their potential. All look like they could be legitimate franchise players that directly contribute to the win shares of their respective teams down the road.

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Ball
Kuzma
Markkanen
Mitchell
Smith

Only reason I rank Mitchell so low is because he is what he is, a tremendous scorer. His usage rate is already among the top players in the league and there really isn't much he can significantly improve upon. He's likely going to be one of the best scorers in the league for a long-time, barring injuries. However, as we've seen with countless other players in the same mold, that doesn't necessarily translate into wins and losses. And I don't really see him significantly upping his assist or rebounding numbers, and he really doesn't need to. He can be a great compliment on a good team in need of scoring.

Ball, Kuzma, and Markkanen all look like they've barely scratched the tip of their potential. All look like they could be legitimate franchise players that directly contribute to the win shares of their respective teams down the road.

That's kind of my train of thought as well.  If Lonzo Ball turns into even a halfway decent shooter, he's the most impactful of the players.  He rebounds, he passes well, and he's a kind of player who can hold shape an offense.  I'm not sure any of the other ones on that list are going to have that kind of impact.

The difference between Kuzma and Markkanen for me is pretty small.  Kuzma is a bit better shooter, but Markannen is a bit better rebounder.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's kind of my train of thought as well.  If Lonzo Ball turns into even a halfway decent shooter, he's the most impactful of the players.  He rebounds, he passes well, and he's a kind of player who can hold shape an offense.  I'm not sure any of the other ones on that list are going to have that kind of impact.

The difference between Kuzma and Markkanen for me is pretty small.  Kuzma is a bit better shooter, but Markannen is a bit better rebounder.

Kuzma's a better shooter than Markkanen? 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's currently shooting better from the field than Markkanen, and the same rate behind the arc.

FG% is not really a good way to evaluate shooting tbh. They have the same TS%. Markennen is the fastest player to hit 100 threes ever. Pretty odd to think that Kuzma is a better shooter than Markkanen.

Lauri has an insane ceiling as a shooter 

Just now, champ11 said:

FG% is not really a good way to evaluate shooting tbh. They have the same TS%. Markennen is the fastest player to hit 100 threes ever. Pretty odd to think that Kuzma is a better shooter than Markkanen.

Lauri has an insane ceiling as a shooter

Sorry, I should have probably said scorer.  Maybe I haven't seen enough of Markannen but he's always been more of a spot up shooter for me.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Sorry, I should have probably said scorer.  Maybe I haven't seen enough of Markannen but he's always been more of a spot up shooter for me.

Ya no disrespect but it sound like you haven't watched him much this year.

On 1/16/2018 at 2:19 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

Ball
Kuzma
Markkanen
Mitchell
Smith

On 1/16/2018 at 4:12 PM, CWood21 said:

This was posted on Tuesday?! Sounds like a take from the beginning of the season. No way can you have Mitchell that low when he’s been easily the best of the group with the highest upside to dominate on both ends. 

Archived