Rookie watch thread.

resilient part 2

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Clearly leading the charge for the last spot on the all rookie team with Tatum, Simmons, Mitchell and Kuzma.  I would expect his numbers to go up even more if Chicago trades Mirotic.

depending on formatting, those 5 are all easily the 1st team all rookie

I CAN NOT believe the BS in the GDT about Simmons. The man absolutely disappears AGAIN in the 4th quarter and it's, "their roles are different" Or BS is more clutch. WHAT A F&CKIN JOKE. His team is down, the Celtics (in large part due to Tatum) goes on a huge run to take a big lead. And Simmons response???? Try scoring? Nope. Try dropping dimes... NOPE, TRY anything? NOPE. 

The man went just about no points or asts in the 4 quarter for his team that was losing. But hey, "their stats were about the same" SMDH. 

Simmons is a combination of VERY talented BUT WHACK all at the same time. And for anyone that thinks Simmons is now or will be "WAY BETTER" and "IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE" are absolute idiots. 

But don't worry Simmons fans, I am sure he will play some garbage team, build his FUGAZY stats, and all while be well.

10 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I CAN NOT believe the BS in the GDT about Simmons. The man absolutely disappears AGAIN in the 4th quarter and it's, "their roles are different" Or BS is more clutch. WHAT A F&CKIN JOKE. His team is down, the Celtics (in large part due to Tatum) goes on a huge run to take a big lead. And Simmons response???? Try scoring? Nope. Try dropping dimes... NOPE, TRY anything? NOPE. 

The man went just about no points or asts in the 4 quarter for his team that was losing. But hey, "their stats were about the same" SMDH. 

Simmons is a combination of VERY talented BUT WHACK all at the same time. And for anyone that thinks Simmons is now or will be "WAY BETTER" and "IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE" are absolute idiots. 

But don't worry Simmons fans, I am sure he will play some garbage team, build his FUGAZY stats, and all while be well.

would the 76ers be better this season with Tatum in your opinion?

9 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

would the 76ers be better this season with Tatum in your opinion?

maybe , maybe not, THAT would be speculating , BUT I do truly believe BOSTON is better with Tatum than they would be with Simmons. In fact I think Simmons would be a far less factor with Boston than he is on Philly. While tatum would at least "GO AT IT" and/or attack all day if/when he got the chance on Philly.

But I do know one thing when I see it. Tatum has that inner confidence, that "it" factor, that can not be taught. The great ones have that. I don't see anything near that with Simmons. What I see is a player, who also had the same rep while at LSU, who is content and or/afraid to take charge. I see a player who had all offseason to work on his pathetic shooting/form coming up with a horrid outside game. I mean 0% from 3 and 50% from the FT line. That is whack.

On 1/10/2018 at 6:21 PM, seminoles1 said:

Is that why everyone complains about the lack of offense designed for him?

Quantity of opportunity has nothing to do with Tatums ability.

The issue I and others have had, have been that Tatum has shown the ability to score from anywhere, in any circumstance, guarded by anyone, yet frequently gets frozen out of the offense by Smart and Morris who chuck up 50 shots a game like it's their last game.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Tatums lack of ability.  It's the exact opposite of that.

There may be two extremes going on here and it's not wrong to say yes I'd take Simmons over Tatum because right now I think most people would but Tatum is really damn good and deserves a ton of credit for what he is able to bring to a contending team however on the other end cherry picking some stats and calling Simmons a damn bum who is only good because of usage and saying Tatum is superior but doesn't get the same chances is also crazy. 

With his spectacular shooting numbers Tatum probably is a better fit for a team like Boston who is contending this year for this one particular year but if he was in Philly and had to be what Simmons is for that team he simply could not do it and he would have a much different role similar to what he has on Boston but he wouldn't have the rest of that Celtics team around him and things would be much more difficult for him and Simmons on Boston for this one year on a contending team would have a much different role that may actually be running the point on the second unit and having his and Kyrie's minutes staggered in certain lineups I think he would still be effective in how Stevens would use him much differently but he may have a harder time fitting in with what Boston is using as a crunch time lineup right now. 

At this point, I'm taking Tatum. A true rookie and what he's doing is ridiculous. He's already showing off a polished offensive game that's rivaled by few in the league.

The guy is a threat from anywhere on the court, and it doesn't matter who's guarding him. I've NEVER seen a rookie with such a well rounded offensive game, and he's playing well on the other end of the court as well. Ainge knocked this one out of the freaking park.

10 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

There may be two extremes going on here and it's not wrong to say yes I'd take Simmons over Tatum because right now I think most people would but Tatum is really damn good and deserves a ton of credit for what he is able to bring to a contending team however on the other end cherry picking some stats and calling Simmons a damn bum who is only good because of usage and saying Tatum is superior but doesn't get the same chances is also crazy. 

With his spectacular shooting numbers Tatum probably is a better fit for a team like Boston who is contending this year for this one particular year but if he was in Philly and had to be what Simmons is for that team he simply could not do it and he would have a much different role similar to what he has on Boston but he wouldn't have the rest of that Celtics team around him and things would be much more difficult for him and Simmons on Boston for this one year on a contending team would have a much different role that may actually be running the point on the second unit and having his and Kyrie's minutes staggered in certain lineups I think he would still be effective in how Stevens would use him much differently but he may have a harder time fitting in with what Boston is using as a crunch time lineup right now. 

I agree Tatum is a better fit in Boston, but cherry picking stats isn't really an accurate portrayal.  Right now yes, Tatum isn't asked to do as much as Simmons and that's why I have Simmons as RotY, but I think Tatum is the better player and going to be better long term.  Simmons is a better passer and shooter but Tatum is a much better scorer, and shooting matters a ton in todays league.  You have to build around Simmons while Tatum can fit in any lineup.  Defensively it's close, but I'd actually lean Tatum a bit.

3 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

I agree Tatum is a better fit in Boston, but cherry picking stats isn't really an accurate portrayal.  Right now yes, Tatum isn't asked to do as much as Simmons and that's why I have Simmons as RotY, but I think Tatum is the better player and going to be better long term.  Simmons is a better passer and shooter but Tatum is a much better scorer, and shooting matters a ton in todays league.  You have to build around Simmons while Tatum can fit in any lineup.  Defensively it's close, but I'd actually lean Tatum a bit.

I will assume you made a mistake by calling Simmons a better shooter

Archived