Rookie watch thread.

resilient part 2

13 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Have to disagree with this. Tatum is far more than just a shooter. His scoring/fundamentals are farther along, not just his shooting. Plus Tatum is also a better and more versatile defender overall. But one thing that no one seems to mention is that Simmons shies up in the 4th quarter, mainly due to fearing having to go to the FT line, while Tatum actually excels in crunch time.  

For me I will take Tatum, and it's not even close.

9_9 Please.

20 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Have to disagree with this. Tatum is far more than just a shooter. His scoring/fundamentals are farther along, not just his shooting. Plus Tatum is also a better and more versatile defender overall. But one thing that no one seems to mention is that Simmons shies up in the 4th quarter, mainly due to fearing having to go to the FT line, while Tatum actually excels in crunch time.  

For me I will take Tatum, and it's not even close.

lol not even close?

yeah ok O.o

9 hours ago, champ11 said:

Tatum is in a rare situation. We don't get to see rookies as good as him on teams as good as Boston. He's so good though. 

Yeah, it's certainly not common. I've been so impressed with him. His biggest weakness coming out was supposed to be defense and he's been good on that end. He has no issues playing within Stevens offense either. Guy has legit top 10 player potential.

1 hour ago, Knowledge said:

26229819_1509939825793253_35124582124428

THIS is a PERFECT example of people NOT understanding basketball. SIMMONS only attempts layups or dunks or the highest possible shots in the 4th quarter. HE FREAKIN HIDES. Watch the games....Calling Simmons clutch is like saying Dwight Howard/Capela are the BEST scorers because they always have the highest FG %.

Tatum's shots are all over the court and from 3 especially. AND I should say AGAIN, for one of the BEST TEAMS, which makes Clutch situations much more critical. 

If you want to take Simmons over Tatum, fine, BUT please don't ever put Ben Simmons in the same sentence as any clutch related again. Especially against Tatum.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

THIS is a PERFECT example of people NOT understanding basketball. SIMMONS only attempts layups or dunks or the highest possible shots in the 4th quarter. HE FREAKIN HIDES. Watch the games....Calling Simmons clutch is like saying Dwight Howard/Capela are the BEST scorers because they always have the highest FG %.

Tatum's shots are all over the court and from 3 especially. AND I should say AGAIN, for one of the BEST TEAMS, which makes Clutch situations much more critical. 

If you want to take Simmons over Tatum, fine, BUT please don't ever put Ben Simmons in the same sentence as any clutch related again. Especially against Tatum.

I didnt NBA TV did

Simmons #1 in NBA

#DealWithIt

On 1/9/2018 at 12:40 AM, seminoles1 said:

Simmons is more clutch.  He doesn't have to just sit and wait for Irving to break down the defense.

If you think thats what happens, you haven't watched many Celtics games.    Tatum is elite at creating his own shot and has been a go-to guy for the Celtics down the stretch.

4 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

If you think thats what happens, you haven't watched many Celtics games.    Tatum is elite at creating his own shot and has been a go-to guy for the Celtics down the stretch.

Is that why everyone complains about the lack of offense designed for him?

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Is that why everyone complains about the lack of offense designed for him?

There is a BIG difference between the coaching staff calling a play for someone or a player just taking it on his own and scoring.

The fact that you or anyone can call Simmons clutch is either trolling or borderline incompetent. 

Either way you fools open up the door for constant and consentient "I told you SOs" until you guys start eating crow. 

Archived