Rookie watch thread.

resilient part 2

19 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I CAN NOT believe the BS in the GDT about Simmons. The man absolutely disappears AGAIN in the 4th quarter and it's, "their roles are different" Or BS is more clutch. WHAT A F&CKIN JOKE. His team is down, the Celtics (in large part due to Tatum) goes on a huge run to take a big lead. And Simmons response???? Try scoring? Nope. Try dropping dimes... NOPE, TRY anything? NOPE. 

The man went just about no points or asts in the 4 quarter for his team that was losing. But hey, "their stats were about the same" SMDH. 

Simmons is a combination of VERY talented BUT WHACK all at the same time. And for anyone that thinks Simmons is now or will be "WAY BETTER" and "IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE" are absolute idiots. 

But don't worry Simmons fans, I am sure he will play some garbage team, build his FUGAZY stats, and all while be well.

when i read this I thought it was a close game and Tatum scored a bunch in the 4th quarter to close it out. Nope. The Celtics had a 15+ point lead the entire 4th. Well yeah, because the Celtics have a way better team.

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

when i read this I thought it was a close game and Tatum scored a bunch in the 4th quarter to close it out. Nope. The Celtics had a 15+ point lead the entire 4th. Well yeah, because the Celtics have a way better team.

Tatum had a nice run in the 3rd quarter that helped the team climb back in. Simmons had a nice run in the first half that gave the Sixers a 22 point lead. Both had pretty average games. Jaylen Brown was the deciding factor in this game IMO and Embiid not showing up

I'm confident every GM in the league would take Simmons over Tatum. When it comes to versatility its not close. Tatum is clearly the better shooter right now. Both have great futures 

17 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

They were down 22 points and couldn't score.  Tatum got them back in the game and turned momentum and carried a unit that wasn't getting anything done.

On top of that he dominated Covington who did nothing the entire game on offense.

15 hours ago, Knowledge said:

Tatum had a nice run in the 3rd quarter that helped the team climb back in. Simmons had a nice run in the first half that gave the Sixers a 22 point lead. Both had pretty average games. Jaylen Brown was the deciding factor in this game IMO and Embiid not showing up

I'm confident every GM in the league would take Simmons over Tatum. When it comes to versatility its not close. Tatum is clearly the better shooter right now. Both have great futures 

Versatility? I mean...Explain that. Versatility as in Simmons is basically a tall PG? Yeah, I guess that makes him "versatile" but Tatum has a much better offensive game than Simmons IMO. Simmons is a better passer but Tatum is a threat legitimately anywhere on the court.

2 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

They were down 22 points and couldn't score.  Tatum got them back in the game and turned momentum and carried a unit that wasn't getting anything done.

On top of that he dominated Covington who did nothing the entire game on offense.

You guys know that there is such a thing as a play-by-play, right? The Cs were  down 22, in large part because Simmons was playing awesome, when Tatum went out in the 2nd quarter and when he came back in it was a 9 point game. Unless you are giving him credit as a bench leader/coach not much he did there. There is a reason Tatum was -8 and Kyrie was +22, Horford +32, and Jaylen +34. Tatum did score 11 points in that 6 min stretch but they were still losing after all that. Then he missed his next 4 shots and was taken out and the Cs had a 3 point lead. After Tatum left the game the Cs extended the lead to 15, where it pretty much stayed the rest of the game.

Like I said, taking Tatum and Simmons out, the Cs have a way better team.

3 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Versatility? I mean...Explain that. Versatility as in Simmons is basically a tall PG? Yeah, I guess that makes him "versatile" but Tatum has a much better offensive game than Simmons IMO. Simmons is a better passer but Tatum is a threat legitimately anywhere on the court.

Simmons can play PG or PF and he can guard every position on the court 

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

You guys know that there is such a thing as a play-by-play, right? The Cs were  down 22, in large part because Simmons was playing awesome, when Tatum went out in the 2nd quarter and when he came back in it was a 9 point game. Unless you are giving him credit as a bench leader/coach not much he did there. There is a reason Tatum was -8 and Kyrie was +22, Horford +32, and Jaylen +34. Tatum did score 11 points in that 6 min stretch but they were still losing after all that. Then he missed his next 4 shots and was taken out and the Cs had a 3 point lead. After Tatum left the game the Cs extended the lead to 15, where it pretty much stayed the rest of the game.

Like I said, taking Tatum and Simmons out, the Cs have a way better team.

No one is saying Boston doesn't have a better team that is not the argument the argument is that Ben Simmons disappears in the 4th quarter he doesn't have confidence while Jayson Tatum's confidence is off the chart his skill level is already off the charts, he is such an all-around player and for people that actually think it's a Ben Simmons and not even close are probably the most foolish posters I've seen on these boards.

Archived