Rookie watch thread.

resilient part 2

I apologize if my cherry picking stats remark rubbed anyone the wrong way that was not my intent it's just in today's NBA there are so many advanced stats that it's easy to find certain stats that prove your point and it's easy of a person to simply ignore stats that are contraindication of what you have just used. 

Some stats are very tricky and people can become overrated because of pure randomness like +/- or PER aren't great indicators (although in certain cases maybe they are) it's just hard to gage sometimes just like Total QBR from ESPN is complete nonsense and I think people have come around on that. 

The simple point I was going with (I think aside from Celtics fans I've given Tatum the most love) so I don't want to get crucified for suggesting that Tatum is a very good player but also in a very good situation that certainly helps him but again he does help the Celtics but Simmons from management on down Philly is somewhat of a mess it's just a lot more difficult for him to make that impact in the win column. Simmons is required to do so much more because he has to the celtics have Tatum as a luxury. 

2 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

I apologize if my cherry picking stats remark rubbed anyone the wrong way that was not my intent it's just in today's NBA there are so many advanced stats that it's easy to find certain stats that prove your point and it's easy of a person to simply ignore stats that are contraindication of what you have just used. 

Some stats are very tricky and people can become overrated because of pure randomness like +/- or PER aren't great indicators (although in certain cases maybe they are) it's just hard to gage sometimes just like Total QBR from ESPN is complete nonsense and I think people have come around on that. 

The simple point I was going with (I think aside from Celtics fans I've given Tatum the most love) so I don't want to get crucified for suggesting that Tatum is a very good player but also in a very good situation that certainly helps him but again he does help the Celtics but Simmons from management on down Philly is somewhat of a mess it's just a lot more difficult for him to make that impact in the win column. Simmons is required to do so much more because he has to the celtics have Tatum as a luxury. 

No apologies necessary I think the only points that I personally have been trying to make is that looking at Jayson Tatum and his skill set regardless of stats which may be very good in his position has nothing to do with the team being better or worse strictly an eye test and my eye test has Jayson Tatum skill level is borderline extraordinary for a rookie and will have a great great career, Ben Simmons may very well do the same but my problem are with posters that say it's been Simmons and not even close when anyone with a reasonable eye test regardless of stats can see that Tatum is right there and possibly will excel and pass Ben Simmons with in a matter of time and I will live and die by that statement

53 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

So I see Philly beat the Raptors, and I am thinking, UH, OH, Simmons must have had a good game. 12 points, 1 reb 4 asts and 6 turnovers. 

#CLUTCH

#OVERRATED

Kind of confused, how is he clutch and overrated. But since you clearly didn't watch the game, he actually made big plays down the stretch. It was a one point game and he got a bucket, then drove and kicked it for a Saric three and then hit two FTs. He was also in foul trouble all game.

It is hilarious how you hate on guys because they some how threaten the Celtics draft picks. When Ingram has a bad game, you will bring it up in comparison to Jaylen Brown, and same with Simmons. 

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

So I see Philly beat the Raptors, and I am thinking, UH, OH, Simmons must have had a good game. 12 points, 1 reb 4 asts and 6 turnovers. 

#CLUTCH

#OVERRATED

3 CLUTCH plays in the final minutes to secure the win

LUL

Ben was in foul trouble early 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kind of confused, how is he clutch and overrated. But since you clearly didn't watch the game, he actually made big plays down the stretch. It was a one point game and he got a bucket, then drove and kicked it for a Saric three and then hit two FTs. He was also in foul trouble all game.

It is hilarious how you hate on guys because they some how threaten the Celtics draft picks. When Ingram has a bad game, you will bring it up in comparison to Jaylen Brown, and same with Simmons. 

CLUTCH was in response the nonsense posted a page or 2 earlier calling Simmons the "MOST Clutch" which is borderline silliest comment ever. MOST EVERY game he is a no show in the 4th.

But he made a rare play or 2 in the 4th now everything is all good.

getting poster to eat crow on here is impossible. No problem, I will just force feed them every time till they do. 

4 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Actually I watch a ton of games, which is why I notice how BS disappears just about every 4th quarter. It's you peeps that normally just look at boxscores.

I wouldn't call it disappearing. It's just that Embiid is in the game for the last 7ish minutes and he gets the ball every possession in the post. Does that diminish Simmons some? Sure. But when Simmons is called upon he steps up. Like against the Raptors on Monday. He closed the game out, not Embiid. He's slowly evolving into a role that allows him to step up when Embiid just doesn't have it.

Tatum was the most ready guy in this past year's draft, there's no denying that. There's also no denying that he doesn't create any offense for others and that he's still a work in progress defensively.

As for Simmons, he obviously still can't shoot, although he's been a more willing shooter lately. He still needs a complete shot overhaul. But defensively, where some expected he'd struggle, he has thrived. He's already an elite NBA defender.

I'm still taking Simmons every day of the week. Tatum is a very good player, and could be more if he can become a better creator and defender, but Simmons is a legitimate All-Star already. 

7 hours ago, utley4568 said:

I wouldn't call it disappearing. It's just that Embiid is in the game for the last 7ish minutes and he gets the ball every possession in the post. Does that diminish Simmons some? Sure. But when Simmons is called upon he steps up. Like against the Raptors on Monday. He closed the game out, not Embiid. He's slowly evolving into a role that allows him to step up when Embiid just doesn't have it.

Tatum was the most ready guy in this past year's draft, there's no denying that. There's also no denying that he doesn't create any offense for others and that he's still a work in progress defensively.

As for Simmons, he obviously still can't shoot, although he's been a more willing shooter lately. He still needs a complete shot overhaul. But defensively, where some expected he'd struggle, he has thrived. He's already an elite NBA defender.

I'm still taking Simmons every day of the week. Tatum is a very good player, and could be more if he can become a better creator and defender, but Simmons is a legitimate All-Star already. 

BOLD #1 = WOW 

BOLD# 2 = even a BIGGER WOW

BOLD #3 = Speechless..o.O

Archived