β€‹πŸ¦…β€‹ 2021 Eagles Draft Thread β€‹πŸ¦…β€‹ | A FOOTBALL DUDEZ DRAFT

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Talent wise Dickerson is probably a 1st rounder, but with our lack of LB and CB, plus not trading down puts this pick gets a B- from me. DeVonta pick considering the trade up is a A-.

I'd give us a solid B to B+ for what we have done so far. We could be at like a A to A+ right now though.

I'd say B+/A- considering we also picked up an extra first next year.

I know some of you love Pauline, here's what he wrote.Β 

Β 

While many focus on the knee injury Dickerson suffered during the SEC title game against Florida, his medical past reaches much further back. Dickerson saw his freshman season at Florida State halted seven games in due to a right ACL injury. Each of his next two seasons were cut short by major ankle injuries. That’s four campaigns that ended prematurely due to season-ending injuries, most of which required surgery. That’s not a good history for a 335-pound lineman.

Several teams I’ve spoken with tell me they would not draft Dickerson in the first five rounds due to medical concerns. The long-term effects of prior injuries are as much of a concern as the short-term possibility of suffering a major injury again. I’ve also learned that several teams gave Dickerson a medical grade of 3-minus off medicals, the equivalent of a C-minus in letter grades.

While it’s not a devastating grade, especially for a player with Dickerson’s history, it’s something that will most certainly flag him with teams.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Just now, Scalamania said:

Β 

Man reading that makes it real sink in. I'm gonna stick to my you can't predict injuries really. There's been healthy college dude that were always hurt in the NFL and vice versa. Injuries are scary though. But man that kids a mauler when out there.Β 

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Who loves Pauline? lol

He's just good for draft inside info. Of course some teams were gonna have him flagged. Just like teams probably have JOK flagged... Ojulari flagged... Farley flagged. Different teams will see different things based on what their doctors see. I remember Bryan Broaddus had someone tell him when he was an Eagles scout that Jeremiah Trotter would never have a long career due to medicals and he went on to play 13 years. It's just hard to know with injuries. It definitely adds risk to the pick though.

Β 

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If someone makes a great offer maybe. But sures up those 3 spots year one, and he could beat out Isaac.
I think honestly we could flip Isaac to a guard needy team too.Β 

Ehhh I would rather keep the depth. Seumalo, Dickerson, Kelce, Herbig and Brooks should be a solid IOL core.

Just now, Scalamania said:

That's what I posted though.Β 

Yeah I'm aware, but I'm just saying I don't know why you would think people here love Pauline or take his opinions with anything more than a grain of salt. Obviously its not shocking some teams flagged him. We know his injury history and if you don't you just don't follow the draft.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah I'm aware, but I'm just saying I don't know why you would think people here love Pauline or take his opinions with anything more than a grain of salt. Obviously its not shocking some teams flagged him. We know his injury history and if you don't you just don't follow the draft.

I should've specified his draft information. I've seen it quoted all over the past year.Β 

6 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Β 

Ehhh I would rather keep the depth. Seumalo, Dickerson, Kelce, Herbig and Brooks should be a solid IOL core.

Same, but vaguely remember that was a rumor or something. Like to Seattle maybe?