Ravens 2021 Draft Thread [No Spoilers]

drd23

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Now there's some chaos. Not completely stunning. This is Ruggs over Jeudy again. 

Is it really chaos if its what the major of ITKs have been saying for a while? (this is not to say that I agree with taking Waddle over Smith, but clearly at least some in the NFL are worried by DeVonta's size)

IMO the only surprise of the draft so far has been Lance at 3 (and even that isn't a huge surprise)

6 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Who we drafting, DB? You're my genie lottery guy in the first round 😆

This draft is too complicated to predict IMO. Though IMO we should have Creed Humphrey as a pick either today or early draft day tomorrow. He’s too good to pass up and we need a center.

I think with him he’s the real deal and could be a future All Pro at the center position. He’s dominant. His feet are gorgeous. He wrestles like Kelly Gregg. He’s durable. He’s manned multiple OL that have been top OLs. He’s cerebral, physical, and has that dog within him you want with your IOL.

No way would I pass that up if he’s available IMO.

Beyond that, what would I do? I’d probably trade down for assets, but we’re in a prime spot where we might be able to finally secure a legit pass rusher that in another draft might go top 15-20, only at the top of the 2nd or bottom of the 1st.

So whoever the Ravens feel the best pass rusher is, that would make a lot of sense. I’m thinking Joseph Ossai would be a perfect fit from a size, durability, and athleticism perspective. But others like other pass rushers more. I don’t think you can truly go wrong with most of these guys; Greg Rousseau, Joseph Ossai, Jaelan Phillips, Azeez Ojulari, Jayson Oweh, etc.

Thqh though I’m sort of hoping we don’t pick at all today. I’d rather we trade both picks and accumulate enough draft assets to have 3-4 picks within the top 50 picks.

... why no WR? I don’t think one will be available tbqh. I think both Bateman and Moore will be gone.