Day One: Draft day! (NO SPOILERS. AKA PICK TIPPING)

615finest

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Waddle is really just a slightly better version. They do similar things, but Waddle is slightly bigger and a bit faster. Both of which obviously make a difference.

Smith is just a different receiver. Obviously there’s the production, but he’s also just a far more proven fundamental receiver with a skill set (advanced route tree, incredibly fluid in every aspect, production inside and outside, comes from a pro style offense, rac ability) than Moore. It’s also easier to put on 10-15 pounds than grow 3 or 4 inches.

Which isn’t to say I don’t like Moore, just that I think there’s a clear drop from those top three. Though to be fair, some of the faults are actually question marks, just like with AJ and DK. Ole Miss does its receivers no favors with its simplistic offense and QB play.

Yeah, I was just coming back to say, the speed is the biggest difference. 

The height I don't get. Especially when talking 5'8 to 5'10.  I don't see how people can knock one and not the other. 

But, I would take Waddle over Moore. 

I think Moore is the pick. He adds a new dimension to our offense. I hear ppl say we don’t use 3wrs much but when you realize that Reynolds is on a 1 yr deal and outside of him AJ we have nobody. Plus he has AJ banging the table for him.

I’m still on the Bateman train but I think somebody like Baltimore will trade ahead of us or with us to get him.

If Smith gets within striking distance I think we could trade up.

Edited by 615finest

26 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I think Moore is the pick.

I’m still on the Bateman train but I think somebody like Baltimore will trade ahead of us or with us to get him.

I think you’re right that Moore is more likely than Bateman.

I also agree that Bateman is the better prospect.

But I wish we wouldn’t use a first on a receiver without at least trading down first.

I want a competent defense, dammit!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think you’re right that Moore is more likely than Bateman.

I also agree that Bateman is the better prospect.

But I wish we wouldn’t use a first on a receiver without at least trading down first.

I want a competent defense, dammit!

Yeah, all came down to FA. If we wanted a defense heavy draft, we shouldn’t have completely abandoned the offense in free agency.

30 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, all came down to FA. If we wanted a defense heavy draft, we shouldn’t have completely abandoned the offense in free agency.

Meh. Offense will be fine. And run first offenses always do better when they actually have a good defense to control the clock.
But I’m resigning that hope and crossing my fingers that they’ll spend a bunch of midrounders on CBs, DLs, and Edges.

16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Meh. Offense will be fine. And run first offenses always do better when they actually have a good defense to control the clock.
But I’m resigning that hope and crossing my fingers that they’ll spend a bunch of midrounders on CBs, DLs, and Edges.

I admire your lack of concern for a less talented offense with a new, completely unproven OC.

27 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I think it’s going to be Elijah Moore. Obviously I think they’d like to trade down and still pick him but I think he’s the pick at 22. I just hope I can make it until pick 22. Been up since 3 this morning and I’ll probably be in a food coma by 815 🤣

We still need to catch a game sometime man. If I remember correctly you are Sussex County not far from me! 

23 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

We still need to catch a game sometime man. If I remember correctly you are Sussex County not far from me! 

Most definitely man. Living in Seaford. This may surprise you but I’m starting to see more and more Titan fans in this area. Just this morning, I was behind a car with a Titan tag. Guess that’s what happens when a team starts having a little success lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 615finest said:

“The Guy” did say Bateman or Marshall in the first so I’m also preparing myself for Marshall if Bateman doesn’t fall

Yeah. If we stay at 22. He said the vibe was those guys opposed to a smaller guy like Toney and Elijah Moore.  
But man, the noise for Moore is getting loud. 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. If we stay at 22. He said the vibe was those guys opposed to a smaller guy like Toney and Elijah Moore.  
But man, the noise for Moore is getting loud. 

Yea it’s definitely getting loud. I just don’t wanna get my hopes up because it could all be a smokescreen.