2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

trading down from 34 may get us 4th round pick, not 3rd round pick.

Mond and Mills could be highly sought by a few teams for 34th spot. If so, Jets can get 3rd round pick back or 2022's 2nd round pick.

Washington could be a good trade partner. I could see them trading up for a QB. And 2nd and a 3rd would work.

If JD can trade back and pick up a 3rd, this draft would be the clinic I was hoping for.

• Like 1

Just now, NJerseypaint said:

Do we really need a 3rd? Have we usually found gold just sitting there between 96th and the 140th best players? We traded up for a top play at a  position of need than waiting for him to get scooped, and it cost us dudes who are estimated to be maybe top 10 at there own positions.

I don’t think anyone here is upset at the pick or the move to get him. The thing is that this is a 3 round draft. It is quite possible those two thirds would have developed into good starters. No one so far is complaining.  The trade value chart confirms the “fairness” of the trade. 

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

Do we really need a 3rd? Have we usually found gold just sitting there between 96th and the 140th best players? We traded up for a top play at a  position of need than waiting for him to get scooped, and it cost us dudes who are estimated to be maybe top 10 at there own positions.

Having such a huge gap between picks isn't ideal but I dont mind the player we got. We go from 34 to 107, I'd prefer to move back from 34 and get a 3, maybe more since we pick so early. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Having such a huge gap between picks isn't ideal but I dont mind the player we got. We go from 34 to 107, I'd prefer to move back from 34 and get a 3, maybe more since we pick so early. 

Or maybe use our 4th and both 6ths to get in the mid 3rd. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think we absolutely will. Its going to hurt the RB at 34 fans but that is whats going to drive up the price and we need that. Can get our RB with that third or keep wheelin and dealin. 

5 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

This draft is really like 15 or so elite guys and then a bunch of 2nd round guys. We can get 2nd round talent in 3rd.

I wanted us to trade up in the 1st. But I also want us to trade back from 34 to take advantage of the deepness of descent talent in the draft.