Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

30 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

Screw all you guys, this is a great day for Packers fans and I’m gonna get blackout drunk tonight in celebration!!!

We are a top 2 NFC team that’s only getting better. Worst case scenario we don’t win it all and trade Rodgers for a kings ransom. Best case scenario we win it all, tag Adam’s and run it back with 12 next year again.

Screw everyone who didn’t know what was happening behind the scenes. Screw the media and you talking head armchair quarterbacks who think you know anything.

If you don’t think this is a great day for the Packers than your not a fan. 

Can’t wait for all of you to eat crow like you did last year when Rodgers was “washed up and done”.

So many people getting screwed in here. I'm hopeful I'm included 

Just now, packfanfb said:

I almost want this to happen just to watch this forum burn. 

I don't see why it's such a big deal... Give him his little brother and keep him happy now that he's here. It doesn't mean he has to take every rep

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

K.  So we are going through marriage counseling now?  Gonna give a little here, get a little there and then re-evaluate things after the season and see if we should get divorced?

I get where some see it is a "win-win".

I don't know.  I'd rather lock him down for two years, or whatever time length he wants to play and roll with that.

Or just move on.

Only way I see this as a "win" is if the money freed up inks Adams long term.  As @Rainmaker90said, smart people will figure out a way to get it done without crippling the cap.  Keeps a core piece locked in for when Love takes over.

I’m not a fan of the uncertainty at QB for next year either . 

I see this as another year of evaluating Jordan Love in a ‘normal season’ where they can see if he’s progressing as fast and as efficiently as they’d like him to. If he isn’t, they can acquiesce to Aaron and give him what he wants. If he is progressing great, then GB is pretty protected. If Aaron wants to stay, great ! If not , Love is ready 

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why do you feel that way ? 

Let’s say Aaron does great and/or Love just doesn’t have it. GB would probably offer Aaron what he wants and he’d likely stay . 

You still have the PR nightmare (whether real or not) and a distracted season.  And not sure that option you speak of is in the cards

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I don't see why it's such a big deal... Give him his little brother and keep him happy now that he's here. It doesn't mean he has to take every rep

The issue would be the 8.2M and 7.8M base for a WR3 or 4...or 5. Especially after drafting Rodgers.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

This probably needs to be qualified. Packers aren't trading him to the Vikings or Bears. However, I could see something like, "hey we have offers from the Broncos, Jets and Panthers, which one do you want?"

The good news is that Kirk Cousins blocks the Vikings because his $45M cap number and Aaron should know better than to want to join the Bears offensive train wreck.

Once they get all this settled with King Rodg they should then secretly get to work with Denver and get the trade done quick.  When Ol Rodg reports tomorrow tell him he's in the wrong place...