Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

I'll wait for the details but the Packers doing anything means they lost.  Any opportunity to really build a team for Love with the trade capital they could have gotten is diminished greatly. Not to mention they could have added to the 2022 cap problems that exist. 

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is actually a pretty solid solution for both sides. Void 2023 so Packers know they either have to trade Rodgers in 2022 or if they don't he's a FA after 2022. Forces the trade if they want the value.

What does it do for Aaron? I'm honestly asking

Edited by Norm

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Why wouldn't he? Serious question

It is his last payday! I don't think you take a discount when it's your last payday. Nobody was beating down his door to have him come play for them. He went to the Texans! 

Edited by Old Guy

Just now, Norm said:

What is it doing for Aaron? I'm honestly asking

Gives him clarity and some autonomy regarding his future after next season. Tagging away the option to tag him is huge for any player like him. Voiding his 2023 year forces GB's hand next off-season to either (1) trade him or (2) extend him to a new deal if he wants to stay/they want him to stay. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

What does it do for Aaron? I'm honestly asking

It gives him leverage over where he goes. No team is going to give up value for Rodgers on a one year rental. The new team is going to have to give him a contract extension before agreeing to the trade. Rodgers doesn't like where he's going, he refuses a new deal and walks scot free in 2023. 

• Like 1

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

I believe Rap more. I bet it’s something like he gets to choose if he gets traded and to where

There should be no IF. Either he changes his tune and decides to stay for more seasons OR they trade him to one of the agreed upton teams of his choosing(whoever offers the best deal of course). Under no circumstances do they let him walk for nothing or that's just simply terrible management

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I believe Rap more. I bet it’s something like he gets to choose if he gets traded and to where

So Rodgers can be a prick and only give them one destination he wants to go to in 2022 and that destination could already have their QB. It's risky business unless Green Bay plans on having him under center for the duration of his contract. 

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Is that what they did to Devine's dog?

At the time that Divine lived in the GB area his home bordered a local farmers property. Divine's dog was regularly chasing the farmers cows and the farmer had ask Divine to keep his dog off his property. After several refusals to control his dog the farmer warned Divine that the next time he would shoot the dog, which he did. It had nothing to do with football.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That's exactly what they are going to do. Void 2023 with no tags guarantees that the Packers are trading him next year. Otherwise, they get nothing when he leaves after 2022. 

Probably would get a 3rd round comp pick still, but that would blow.