Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

I used to manage a gas station and that stuff was always expired because very few people wanted it. Favre strikes me as the kind of guy who ignores my warnings of its expiration and tries to haggle a discount to "take it off your hands."

xD

7 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Devin Funchess is terrible.  The only reason his numbers were somewhat decent in 2017 is because he was force-fed the ball as our primary option (111 targets), as Benjamin got traded mid-season, CMC had yet to be properly utilized, and Olsen was injured.  And in 2018, I think Moore had clearly taken over as the #1 WR.  He was actually a healthy scratch for the last game of the season.

I don't have a dog in this race, but yeah, Funchess is not good.  I wouldn't even want him as a #2.  He is decent in traffic but lacks any kind of ability to separate and isn't a threat deep.  He's solid depth, but he hampers your offense.  2016 is a good example of that when he was paired with KB - it limited the hell out of our offense (among other reasons of course).  Both were in the bottom three in separation yards per route, and Funchess was last in catch %.   If Funchess is your #2 then WR is a need, like it was for us, which is why we didn't bother trying to re-sign him.

With that said I do agree with you that Rodgers has had very good offensive talent around him.  But Funchess is definitely not starter material.  

So what you're saying is that Funchess is a former #1 WR who produced like an average #2WR but (as of a year ago) was paid like a fringe #3/4 guy and that was his role?

Gosh, that all sounds very familiar!

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

So what you're saying is that Funchess is a former #1 WR who produced like an average #2WR but (as of a year ago) was paid like a fringe #3/4 guy and that was his role?

raw

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

reading comprehension is hard!

No I get exactly what you are saying but you are phrasing it in an insincere way to make it fit your narrative. You just keep trying to win an argument you lost pages ago by grasping to the whole "well technically he was a WR1 hur dur dur".

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Pool said:

No I get exactly what you are saying but you are phrasing it in an insincere way to make it fit your narrative. 

Devin Funchess Yes GIF by Indianapolis Colts

15 minutes ago, Pool said:

You just keep trying to win an argument you lost pages ago by grasping to the whole "well technically he was a WR1 hur dur dur".

Devin Funchess No GIF by Indianapolis Colts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

8 hours ago, iknowcool said:

But Funchess is definitely not starter material.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pool said:

No I get exactly what you are saying but you are phrasing it in an insincere way to make it fit your narrative. You just keep trying to win an argument you lost pages ago by grasping to the whole "well technically he was a WR1 hur dur dur".

I really don't think you (or several select other posters with the same quality posts as GSU. Seriously, if THAT is agreeing with your stance, you probably need to seriously re-evaluate your stance lol) get what I'm actually typing. Ya'all have this stupid narrative in your head that I think Funchess is a quality WR today which I've said the opposite of about a dozen times now.

It's painful how badly some of ya'all are missing the point. 

I don't have a narrative. Just straight up facts: He's a former #1 WR  who produced like an average #2 WR and was paid like a #3/4 WR in GB 1.5 years removed from a productive half season before getting injured in Carolina (and then again in Indy). Low risk, cheap signing with upside above the contract he received. He's now essentially missed 2.5 seasons and is a fringe-roster guy.

Nothing in the above paragraph is incorrect. And nothing in the above paragraph is really contradictory to what anyone else is saying, either. Ya'all just need to feign outrage for some mind-boggling reason.

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's like you have zero understanding of what I'm saying lol

No schit he's not starter material right now. I've said that a friggin dozen times. 

I know you're not this stupid, you're just trolling more now. 

Thought you left the convo anyway?

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

INo schit he's not starter material right now. I've said that a friggin dozen times. 

On 5/14/2021 at 11:14 AM, incognito_man said:

(3) A former #1 WR who continually improved in a pass-scarce offense on his rookie contract, was then signed to a $10mil/year contract but broke his collarbone. So yes, adding someone with Funchess' skillset improves the team. He would have been the leading candidate as the #2 WR in GB.

The joking about Funchess signing just shows a significant lack of understanding about who he is and what the actual role/production of a #2 WR is. "Average" #2 WRs in 2020 had a statline that looks like this: 56 rec, 739 yds, 4 TDs. Funchess would absolutely have been right in that range had he played and stayed healthy IMO. He surpassed that production on a per game basis his last two healthy seasons.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

ITT ET80 can't differentiate between the years 2020 and 2021 lol

what part of missing an entire season do you not understand? How can you not fathom how that changes things?

22 hours ago, ET80 said:

Does March 2020 eliminate those two injury filled seasons in 2018 or 2019? I mean, they happened, right?