Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I really don't think you (or several select other posters with the same quality posts as GSU. Seriously, if THAT is agreeing with your stance, you probably need to seriously re-evaluate your stance lol) get what I'm actually typing. Ya'all have this stupid narrative in your head that I think Funchess is a quality WR today which I've said the opposite of about a dozen times now.

It's painful how badly some of ya'all are missing the point. 

I don't have a narrative. Just straight up facts: He's a former #1 WR  who produced like an average #2 WR and was paid like a #3/4 WR in GB 1.5 years removed from a productive half season before getting injured in Carolina (and then again in Indy). Low risk, cheap signing with upside above the contract he received. He's now essentially missed 2.5 seasons and is a fringe-roster guy.

Nothing in the above paragraph is incorrect. And nothing in the above paragraph is really contradictory to what anyone else is saying, either. Ya'all just need to feign outrage for some mind-boggling reason.

Let's play a game. Select from the below choices the MOST truthful statement.

a) Devin Funchess is a former WR1

b) Devin Funchess is a WR who was forced into the role of a WR1 due to injury.

If you can't see the differences in those statements i.e. what you are saying and what everyone is telling you what you are wrong about then I will leave you with this quote "“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pool said:

Let's play a game. Select from the below choices the MOST truthful statement.

a) Devin Funchess is a former WR1

b) Devin Funchess is a WR who was forced into the role of a WR1 due to injury.

If you can't see the differences in those statements i.e. what you are saying and what everyone is telling you what you are wrong about then I will leave you with this quote "“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain

He became the #1 not because of injury, but because of an in-season trade...

Spare me the not-applicable Mark Twain quote if you can't even understand the basic facts.

No schit he became the de-facto #1 WR after the Benjamin trade, then lost it to Moore after an in-season injury. Almost like I've been saying that all along myself...

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Spare me the not-applicable Mark Twain quote if you can't even understand the basic facts.

No schit he became the de-facto #1 WR after the Benjamin trade, then lost it to Moore after an in-season injury. Almost like I've been saying that all along myself...

Round 2.

a) Devin Funchess is a WR1

b) Devin Funchess is a WR who was forced into the role of  WR1 because of a trade

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You say this but keep spouting he was a WR1. He was not. Then cry we cant understand what you are saying.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

The only thing I'm sure of here is Devin Funchess isn't worth a post much less this many posts.

I agree

Not sure why a select few posters feel the need to stupidly argue against basic facts. It's mind-numbing, really.

The original point still stands: Aaron Rodgers has had plenty of weapons around him, and the Funchess signing in 2020 is exactly the type of move a team in GB's cap situation makes to try to find value by signing a former #1 who produced like an average #2 and signing him to #3/4 money. It's an example of a way a cap-strapped team can try to add value to the roster and let a group of players with similar skillsets battle it out and see if one emerges. Now, being 2.5 years removed from football essentially, Funchess has an enormous uphill climb to compete with Lazard, MVS, etc. for playing time in 2021.

1 minute ago, Pool said:

Round 2.

b) Devin Funchess is a WR who was forced into the role of  WR1 because of a trade

Is anyone saying Funchess is a #1WR now?

Thisi need to hear

Just now, Pool said:

You say this but keep spouting he was a WR1. He was not. Then cry we cant understand what you are saying.

I can't help your definition of a WR1 is a fantasy football definition and not a real NFL definition.

I don't know what is so hard to comprehend. I've spelled it out literally a dozen times:

I'm defining a #1 WR as being the #1 WR on his team, drawing coverage from opposing #1 CBs and being the #1 WR target. Which is all 100% true of Funchess. 100% clear of what I'm saying in all of my posts. Yet you (and others) continue to willfully ignore my point because you're hung up on your own defintion and refuse to acknowledge you're arguing something I've never once stated.

Like Jesus, call it whatever you want in your head if it helps you. I'm going to keep calling him a former #1 WR because that's exactly what he was in Carolina. Stop being so willfully obtuse.

Just now, incognito_man said:

I can't help your definition of a WR1 is a fantasy football definition and not a real NFL definition.

Why do you think your definition is the "real nfl" definition? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Why do you think your definition is the "real nfl" definition? 

because in the real NFL he was the primary target in Carolina lol

he was literally and actually their #1 WR

Am I being pranked or something? Is Ashton going to show up at my door. I refuse to believe people can't comprehend what I'm saying...

7 minutes ago, Pool said:

Round 2.

3 minutes ago, Pool said:
46 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He's a former #1 WR  

@squire12

So why are you framing your question as you are?