2021 NFL Draft: Day One Thread

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

Yes. How dare some of us take pride in our team and winning. Were a disgrace and I apologize. I promise to do better and cheer to lose every game every year from now on.

I don’t get upset at the fans who wanted to make the playoffs. I was more upset about them pushing for it with a QB who wasn’t coming back and no realistic option for the future on the roster. I’m totally cool with other fans being happy though. For me, I just want to get a QB. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

With a QB who ultimately retired and has spent all off-season bashing you lol. Gonna be fun doing this no QB song and dance for the next 3-4 years because we couldn’t just suck for one more season. 

I just hope they suck on offense so bad that they end up picking in the top 5 next year to take a QB but I doubt it. I can’t see them being worse on offense with Samuel added, year 2 for these guys in the offense  & whatever we do in the draft plus our D should be better too.

I’ve said all along we’ll win 7 to 9 games and then if we want a top QBS next year in a worse class we’ll have to trade up.

I’m really hoping in round 2 we’re able to take Kellen Mond to develop. I’d feel so much better about our QB situation for the future if we do.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t get upset at the fans who wanted to make the playoffs. I was more upset about them pushing for it with a QB who wasn’t coming back and no realistic option for the future on the roster. I’m totally cool with other fans being happy though. For me, I just want to get a QB. 

Exactly. All of this ^^^

Just now, lavar703 said:

We had the chance for a qb last year. And took Chase. So fans that wanted Chase wanted to lose every game this year again to get the qb they avoided the first go.

Doesnt sit right with me. We chose defense, not offense. Lets build an 85 Bears defense and win with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

And those 3 have already gotten into Canton, shame on us. 🙄

But obviously going 7-9 with a first round exit is going to catapult a bunch of players too so it all washes out?

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I just hope they suck on offense so bad that they end up picking in the top 5 next year to take a QB but I doubt it. I can’t see them being worse on offense with Samuel added, year 2 for these guys in the offense  & whatever we do in the draft plus our D should be better too.

I’ve said all along we’ll win 7 to 9 games and then if we want a top QBS next year in a worse class we’ll have to trade up.

I’m really hoping in round 2 we’re able to take Kellen Mond to develop. I’d feel so much better about our QB situation for the future if we do.

We’ll be in this exact same situation next season. 

• Like 1