🏈 Pick #17 is in: OL, Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Very interesting take. I think if that happens then this is one of the worst raider pics ever. I highly doubt though that happens

What do you mean you highly doubt that happens? Darrisaw is a lock to be a good RT in the NFL. Can even play Left if he wants, but he’s better suited for the right. 

Leatherwood is not a good pass protector at all. Tua made him look very good in 2019 because of his Mobility. In 2020 he gave up 5 sacks, tons of pressure, and gets easily beaten by speed rushers. I don’t care what his athletic profile says, he’s not athletic on tape. All Athletic profiles are skewed this year because it wasn’t the combine. Pro Day numbers are always highly inflated. You can watch Leatherwood all day long and the Athleticism is suspect. Most websites project him as a Guard in the NFL. If he plays RT, he’ll be very average at best. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He wants that LT money, we paid Trent $21M to play RT. I'd rather have a Pro Bowler than an unproven player.

and you cant fill every position with FA market value money. its not feasible. to have a good roster you are going to have a lot of starting caliber players on rookie deals. this was a stacked tackle class where you have a pretty good chance on hitting a good RT who will then be a cheap starter for 4-5 years.

if this was a weak OT class, im sure one would approach FA/trades differently.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What do you mean you highly doubt that happens? Darrisaw is a lock to be a good RT in the NFL. Can even play Left if he wants, but he’s better suited for the right. 

Leatherwood is not a good pass protector at all. Tua made him look very good in 2019 because of his Mobility. In 2020 he gave up 5 sacks, tons of pressure, and gets easily beaten by speed rushers. I don’t care what his athletic profile says, he’s not athletic on tape. All Athletic profiles are skewed this year because it wasn’t the combine. Pro Day numbers are always highly inflated. You can watch Leatherwood all day long and the Athleticism is suspect. Most websites project him as a Guard in the NFL. If he plays RT, he’ll be very average at best. 

I heard he only gave up two sacks And like five pressures total in 2020. I also wonder how he won the outland trophy and Darrisaw didn't. I also don't know where you're getting the suspect athleticism from because he's actually one of if not the most athletic tackle in the draft. 

Edited by Jeremy408

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Allbright seems like a tool but he's seemingly super plugged in. I wouldn't expect a huge move like Mayock being fired to happen right away, but would people be happy with MM being shown the door before next off season? I for one don't think he has much of anything to offer and is clearly in over his head. I wonder if Gruden would resume GM duties, or if he'd hire another puppet? 

Just now, Turnobili said:

good. he's been a disgrace. legit makes me miss McKenzie

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Where did you see that at?

Gruden runs the show

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It's sad and frustrating.  This team is stuck in the middle of the Atlantic (AFC West) with no rudder.  

With our average at best FA signings, lack of depth on many levels and our still atrocious D I do not see anything better than a .500 season.  .500 will be a struggle and reaching .500 with our talent level is a major accomplishment because we a re a 4 to 6 win team based on overall talent.  

Actually feel bad for Carr for once. He loves this team at least. Jon and Mike are purely here for the insane paychecks they get. Hayneswothing the Raiders, at the Management/Coaching Level. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Gruden runs the show

we've seen situations play out on other teams where there are power struggles. id rather have a GM who is making a greater effort to steer the ship in the right direction than just pay lip service in every public appearance. or just dont take the job if you have nothing to offer.