🏈 Pick #17 is in: OL, Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That is false. Check the post I made a few pages back. He gave up 5 sacks. 

Leatherwood played 832 snaps during the 2020 season and allowed only two sacks, missed only three assignments and committed just five penalties

https://rolltide.com/sports/football/roster/alex-leatherwood/6344#:~:text=Leatherwood played 832 snaps during,and committed just five penalties …

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Actually feel bad for Carr for once. He loves this team at least. Jon and Mike are purely here for the insane paychecks they get. Hayneswothing the Raiders, at the Management/Coaching Level. 

I agree and we are wasting his prime years.  We will never really know what we have with him until he is surrounded with a quality supporting cast and a D that can stop a HS team.  

I also don't really care for the WR corp we have assembled for Carr either.  I have always thought he would do better with a big, physical, RZ threat at WR and we keep signing and drafting a bunch of shrimps.  

I have been pounding the table for D all day today but I would not be opposed to T. Marshall at 48 if he is there.  What are you thoughts on TM?

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Leatherwood played 832 snaps during the 2020 season and allowed only two sacks, missed only three assignments and committed just five penalties

https://rolltide.com/sports/football/roster/alex-leatherwood/6344#:~:text=Leatherwood played 832 snaps during,and committed just five penalties …

That’s completely false. Leatherwood has the most penalties in two years, and gave up 5 sacks in 2020. The source I posted is much better than that. 

Regardless, Leatherwood is not a good pass protector. He has a huge issue with speed rushers because he simply isn’t athletic enough. 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree and we are wasting his prime years.  We will never really know what we have with him until he is surrounded with a quality supporting cast and a D that can stop a HS team.  

I also don't really care for the WR corp we have assembled for Carr either.  I have always thought he would do better with a big, physical, RZ threat at WR and we keep signing and drafting a bunch of shrimps.  

I have been pounding the table for D all day today but I would not be opposed to T. Marshall at 48 if he is there.  What are you thoughts on TM?

the best chemistry Carr ever had with a receiver was Crabtree. not that he was a big physically imposing guy, but his playstyle is that X you are describing who could win some tight window balls.

Edwards is supposed to be our attempt to solve that problem, but there's really nobody else on the roster rn. Snead/Renfrow are slot guys. Ruggs/Brown certainly aren't that. Zay Jones? lol

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Why are you defending this reach...?

Why are you letting them off the hook? Classic justification period to ease your own grief. 

Darrisaw will be a Franchise RT while Leatherwood is moved to Guard after one season. Book it right now. 

Jon and Mike do not care about this team, and if you still believe that, I’m not sure what to tell you. Jon is here for 100M. He brought his good friend Mike here for a piece of the pie and lofty 3M salary and incentives. They are both here for the paycheck. 

Jon, Mike, and Carr will all be gone in 3 years and we will have absolutely nothing to show for it. As much criticism as I give Carr, at least he loves this Football Team and wants them to succeed. Jon and Mike are purely here for the paycheck. They are literally Albert Haynesworthing the Raiders. Not joking. 

You sure know a lot for someone who sits behind a computer all day long with zero connections in the NFL or the Raiders organization. But I'll for sure trust all that you spout on here. People that attack others motives when they've never met or even spoken to them is hilarious to me and I'll never understand speaking so confidently on another persons passions/motives. The lack of information you have yet the amount of absolutes you speak in is insane. 

At the end of the day I'm a fan, I want this team to be good and following the Raiders isn't fun or enjoyable for me if it's all doom and gloom. So yes I try to spin things in a positive way and I'll ALWAYS have hope because if theres no hope then theres no point in watching so im curious why you waste your time with something as bad and as hopeless as this franchise?

I'll continue to be positive and wait for things to play out. It's been 20 years so far and I'll be a fan much longer than that moving forward. I have no power to change anything the Raiders do so at that point it comes down to how I want to think about the moves they make and I know for me I enjoy this all so much more through rose colored glasses. If you want to continue being negative and getting no joy from any move the Raiders make ever then be my guest. "Enjoy" the draft my man. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That’s completely false. Leatherwood has the most penalties in two years, and gave up 5 sacks in 2020. The source I posted is much better than that. 

Regardless, Leatherwood is not a good pass protector. He has a huge issue with speed rushers because he simply isn’t athletic enough. 

What page is it on?

This is not related to football, but when I was familiar with this picture of Alex with glasses and braces... and then read "he has well over a thousand memes saved on his phone" all I could think is we drafted a memelord who is going to be gold on Twitter, but I can't find his Twitter handle.

4241466.png

5 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

we've seen situations play out on other teams where there are power struggles. id rather have a GM who is making a greater effort to steer the ship in the right direction than just pay lip service in every public appearance. or just dont take the job if you have nothing to offer.

It’s getting comical now like the scouts literally only watch Clem and bama games....oh and 8th grade lunchtime football games.

For all those posting numbers of Leatherwood’s Athletic Profile, all Athletic numbers are skewed because there was no combine. Pro Day Numbers are all heavily inflated, always have been. It makes Leatherwood look like a way better athlete than he is. 

All you have to do is watch Leatherwood on tape and see him severely struggle because of his athleticism. It is NOT a coaching issue. It is a bonafide not athletic enough issue.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Which seems odd given his incredible athletic testing numbers.

Read my post I just posted. 

And watch tape for yourself. He struggles because of athleticism. Has nothing to do with coaching at all. His technique is great. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

For all those posting numbers of Leatherwood’s Athletic Profile, all Athletic numbers are skewed because there was no combine. Pro Day Numbers are all heavily inflated, always have been. It makes Leatherwood look like a way better athlete than he is. 

All you have to do is watch Leatherwood on tape and see him severely struggle because of his athleticism. It is NOT a coaching issue. It is a bonafide not athletic enough issue.

I question his strength, technique and football iq not his athleticism. 

5 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

You sure know a lot for someone who sits behind a computer all day long with zero connections in the NFL or the Raiders organization. But I'll for sure trust all that you spout on here. People that attack others motives when they've never met or even spoken to them is hilarious to me and I'll never understand speaking so confidently on another persons passions/motives. The lack of information you have yet the amount of absolutes you speak in is insane. 

At the end of the day I'm a fan, I want this team to be good and following the Raiders isn't fun or enjoyable for me if it's all doom and gloom. So yes I try to spin things in a positive way and I'll ALWAYS have hope because if theres no hope then theres no point in watching so im curious why you waste your time with something as bad and as hopeless as this franchise?

I'll continue to be positive and wait for things to play out. It's been 20 years so far and I'll be a fan much longer than that moving forward. I have no power to change anything the Raiders do so at that point it comes down to how I want to think about the moves they make and I know for me I enjoy this all so much more through rose colored glasses. If you want to continue being negative and getting no joy from any move the Raiders make ever then be my guest. "Enjoy" the draft my man. 

We’ll revisit this post in a year and you’ll see I’m right on Darrisaw/Leatherwood. 

Don’t get me wrong, Leatherwood isn’t going to be Brandon Parker at RT, but he’ll be below-average, while Darrisaw is much better.