1. 23 - Vikings Select Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech

SemperFeist

I think Paul Allen laid it out really well,

Option A: Use a third to jump LA and draft Rashawn Slater, highly likely ending any chance at moving back up into the 2nd round. 

Option B: Stay at 14 and draft Alijah Vera-Tucker, not impossible but still tough to get back in to the 2nd round. 

Option C Trade down, targeting Christian Darrisaw, and pick up significant draft capital that makes trading back in to the 2nd round easy. 

Looking at those options, it’s hard to say they didn’t make the correct move. 

• Like 1

I love the pick. I love that we picked up more picks.

I still think we could have gotten more compensation. A 2nd and a 3rd round pick to me is good compensation. He should have gotten a 2nd round pick to make up for his dumb trade of Ngakoue. 

Looking foward to tonight to see who else we can get.

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I love the pick. I love that we picked up more picks.

I still think we could have gotten more compensation. A 2nd and a 3rd round pick to me is good compensation. He should have gotten a 2nd round pick to make up for his dumb trade of Ngakoue. 

Looking foward to tonight to see who else we can get.

They weren’t going to get a 2nd for trading down 9 spots. 

According to every variation of the trade chart, the Vikings got great value. 

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

They weren’t going to get a 2nd for trading down 9 spots. 

According to every variation of the trade chart, the Vikings got great value. 

What's the variation of the trade of the Bears and Giants? We moved down 9 spots like the Giants did. Top 15 pick for each each team moving back into the 20's. They got a 1st rounder and they were only 3 picks ahead of us. Was this just bad management by the Bears front office?

Edited by TENINCH

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

What's the variation of the trade of the Bears and Giants? We moved down 9 spots like the Giants did. Top 15 pick for each each team moving back into the 20's. They got a 1st rounder and they were only 3 picks ahead of us. Was this just bad management but the Bears front office?

Quarterbacks cost more. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

According to the aggregate big board, Christian Darrisaw was the #1 player available when the Vikings were on the clock. At 14. 

It was a ballsy move to trade down, but it looks great!

I thought we didn't have an aggregate big board this year?  Ive been using TDN's