2021 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

6 minutes ago, Chili said:

Last year we gave up an additional 4th to trade up in the 1st round for Love.

This year we gave up an additional 4th to trade up in the 3rd. Doesn't that sound like way too much? surely we would've received a late round draft pick to balance it out a bit more?

Looks like we picked up a 5th in the exchange 

ETA - not sure this is accurate 

Edited by StinkySauce

1 minute ago, StinkySauce said:

Me too - seeing conflicting reports

The Titans only have one 5th rounder and as of now on NFL.com it still belongs to the Titans.

If we receive that then it means we will have three draft picks in the 5th round.

11 minutes ago, Chili said:

Last year we gave up an additional 4th to trade up in the 1st round for Love.

This year we gave up an additional 4th to trade up in the 3rd. Doesn't that sound like way too much? surely we would've received a late round draft pick to balance it out a bit more?

cost is relative to how much the other team wants to move down.  

7 minutes ago, Chili said:

The Titans only have one 5th rounder and as of now on NFL.com it still belongs to the Titans.

If we receive that then it means we will have three draft picks in the 5th round.

The Titans twitter posted it was a 3 for 3/4, I think that's a good enough source. 

• Like 1

Peter Bukowski -  For as out-of-left-field as last year's draft felt for the Packers, this year the team went CB-OL-WR when those were arguably their 3 biggest needs. That's been more in line with what we've seen since Brian Gutekunst took over too.

13 minutes ago, MuFF said:

The Titans twitter posted it was a 3 for 3/4, I think that's a good enough source. 

I'm amazed at that.

If all it was required to move up 4 spots in the first round took just an extra 4th rounder then theoretically moving up in their third round should cost far less.

I can't see how moving up 7 spots in the third round requires essentially the same 4th rounder.

Edited by Chili

6 minutes ago, Chili said:

I'm amazed at that.

If all it was required to move up 4 spots in the first round took just an extra 4th rounder then theoretically moving up in their third round should cost far less.

I can't see how moving up 11 spots in the third round requires essentially the same 4th rounder.

Different scenarios.   

2020 trade with Miami who probably wanted more picks and was willing to take less value in a 4 spot trade down.  Especially if the board for them was void of what they percieved as good value in making a pick.  

2021 trade with TEN is a playoff team and though getting more picks is nice, getting a player they want might matter more and the price could be "higher" in relative terms.

Pick 85 = 165 points

pick 92 = 132
pick 135 = 38.5
Total = 170.5

So GB pays a touch over point value, around 3%

pick 26 = 700

pick 30 = 620
pick 136 = 38
Total = 658

So Miami takes a touch less value, around 6%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

If you would have told me the Packers would walk away with Eric Stokes, Josh Myers, and Amari Rodgers with our first three picks, my response would be...yawn.

You wanted more PlayMAkerzzzz???

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If you would have told me the Packers would walk away with Eric Stokes, Josh Myers, and Amari Rodgers with our first three picks, my response would be...yawn.

So like a C- draft grade for you?