2021 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

I'm sure I'm underestimating the likes of Yosh Nijman and the ability of Clark, Lancaster, and Lowry to play every single snap on defense, other than that, what's not to like ? I'm sure Brady and Shanahan are up late at night thinking about it

• Like 1

Can't sleep. Stayed up to watch the draft. Its now 8am!

I've been messing around with my spreadsheet of draftable players and been filtering their measurables for certain positions.

I still think we are looking for star/moneybacker, Someone who plays as a safety in base defence but steps up as a linebacker in nickle defence. They would need to be fast enough to cover and yet big enough to take on blocks and hit players. Someone like Deion Jones and Derwin James are such examples.

I've been looking at players over 6ft, who weighs at least 210lbs and with a generously placed forty time below 4.65s. I included all players who did not participate in a drill.

Only 5 safeties fitted this criteria. 3 of them have already been drafted leaving only Hamsah Nasirildeen and Christian Uphoff.

There were 13 linebackers. Players like Owusu-Koramoah and Jamin Davis were already taken. If I reduced the forty time to 4.5s only Davis and non drill participants would make the list. That gives me just 3 names to work with Dylan Moses, Cameron McGrone and Jabril Cox. It appears only Cox has coverage abilities worth talking about.

So if the Packers are looking to draft for the star position we should be keeping a close eye on Cox and Nasirildeen.

Edited by Chili

10 minutes ago, Chili said:

Christian Uphoff

Fully expect him to be a primary target on day 3. Most likely with one of our 5ths. Especially considering the emphasis on special teams and Uphoff has the potential to be a special teams monster.

Still quite a few players I like hanging out there. Daviyon Nixon was projected in the 2nd a lot. Marvin Wilson is worth a flier at this point. I have no idea why Jabril Cox has dropped but he would be a great nickel backer. James Hudson, Brendan Jaimes, and Drew Himmelman give us options at tackle with David Moore, Tommy Kraemer, and Sarderius Hutcherson being good options on the interior. I would like to add another CB and my draft crush Shakur Brown is just sitting and waiting. I don’t think they add another wide receiver but Cade Johnson would be a solid pick. I think there will be lots of WR’s available post draft. Kevin Stepherson being my main UDFA target. EDGE I has Weaver and Hayes out there yet too. I’m surprised some of these guys are still available so it looks like some quality is left out there. My biggest two hopes are Cox or Shakur Brown. 

3 hours ago, persiandud said:

i really like Dylan Moses

His tape is fairly fun to watch. He's a downhill guy with a good closing burst to make a hit.

His highlight tape shows no sign of any coverage abilities so he appears to be pretty one dimensional. I think we already got linebackers on the roster who can do that job. What we need is a coverage guy for nickle situations hence Cox and Nasirildeen being interesting candidates.

4th round and beyond no DL, no EDGE, no QB and no OT.

TE, WR, QB, IOL, ILB, DB, RB...

The number of hits at those positions in later rounds of the draft is significant, but the number of hits on OT, DL, EDGE and QB after the third round is so insignificant you might as well trade them in for lottery tickets.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

The number of hits at those positions in later rounds of the draft is significant, but the number of hits on OT, DL, EDGE and QB after the third round is so insignificant you might as well trade them in for lottery tickets.

Tell Gute that

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Better to draft for special teams. We could use a punter and our coverage units suck. Draft a punter, and a lot of ILBs and DBs and hope for good special teams play. Wouldn't be a bad idea to draft a kicker too.

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Unless Gute thinks Clark, Lowry, and Lancaster can play every single snap, he better pull a rabbit out of his azz today. OT as well

Did they trade Keke?