2021 Draft Thread - Day 3 Throwdown

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

All I'm gonna say is I don't wanna hear that we need a nose tackle if Jonathan Hankins gets hurt. Other than that I'm good.

I feel confident saying we’ll get another body in UDFA. Not a huge difference between the talent now and then anyway. 

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I feel confident saying we’ll get another body in UDFA. Not a huge difference between the talent now and then anyway. 

That's possible. It would be a genius move not drafting a NT if somehow were able to get Tonga and Marvin Wilson to come to camp

Edited by Jeremy408

Side Note....im so tired of Todd Mcshay..the sneaky..snide remarks he throws at Mel Kiper is so obvious..and Mel being the pro that he is never takes the bait..Mcshay knows as long as Kiper is at ESPN he will always be Robin and not Batman

• Like 1

So many picks, so little projected impact. 

1. OT reach who might not actually be better than what we had. Not a CLEAR upgrade. 

2. Starting FS we could've taken in round 1 without giving up extra picks for.. 

3. A DE to put in the rotation. But he's going to be play well behind other guys. 

3. A LB project with virtually no chance of starting. Might compete for....sub package snaps. Cool 😒

5. Depth S. Can't have too many S's! But it's DePtH gUyS! We NeEd DePtH! ALL OF THE DEPTH. At. One. Position. 🤦🏼‍♂️

5. A CB most never heard of. We have a lot of CBs now. Not bad, apparently a good return man. 

7. A 3rd C. 

Our clearest needs coming into the Draft were:

OT, OG, FS, NCB, WR, IDL. 

We gave up two to move up due to reaches. And we managed to completely ignore IDL, OG, and WR. 

I'm really, really underwhelmed with our haul, particularly considering guys on the board we passed up. 

Edited by ronjon1990

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That's possible. It would be a genius move not drafting a NT if somehow were able to get Tonga and Marvin Wilson to come to camp

I'd call it dumb luck. 

How we managed to draft 3rd/4th string guys and not address IDL at all is astonishing. 

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd call it dumb luck. 

How we managed to draft 3rd/4th string guys and not address IDL at all is astonishing. 

well I mean we signed 5 upside guys at defensive tackles lol. I was more concerned about nose tackle going into this draft. That's why if they're able to figure out a way to get one of those two without drafting them that was a smart way to deal with that. 

I also wonder what the plan is at slot corner

Edited by Jeremy408

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

well I mean we signed 5 upside guys at defensive tackles lol. I was more concerned about nose tackle going into this draft. That's why if they're able to figure out a way to get one of those two without drafting them that was a smart way to deal with that. 

I also wonder what the plan is at slot corner

I think Lawson vs Amik for slot. If Douglas and Johnson have a good camp, could start and kick Arnette inside 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

1. OT reach who might not actually be better than what we had. Not a CLEAR upgrade. 

3. A DE to put in the rotation. But he's going to be play well behind other guys. 

3. A LB project with virtually no chance of starting. Might compete for....sub package snaps. Cool 😒

5. A CB most never heard of. We have a lot of CBs now. Not bad, apparently a good return man. 

7. A 3rd C. 

8 picks. We gave up two to move up due to reaches. And we managed to completely ignore IDL, OG, and WR. 

I'm really, really underwhelmed with our haul, particularly considering guys on the board we passed up. 

Hey man we’re all entitled to our own opinions and you can be pessimistic all you want.. but it’s mind boggling to me that you just argued that a pick in the 2nd round was bad because they could’ve drafted the same guy in the 1st. That’s just a whole new level of being negative.

I mean just for entertainment purposes.. let’s look at the trade value chart. You’re arguing the Raiders should’ve picked Moehrig at 17 (valued at 950) instead of using picks 48 and 121 (valued at 420 and 52 respectively). They got Moehrig for literally half the value/investment than they would’ve if they drafted him at 17. Mind boggling. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd call it dumb luck. 

idk man, I dont think the DT depth is so bad

DT- Jefferson , S Thomas, Irving- sure Jefferson is a meh starter but isn't a liability. Thomas and Irving both have alot of potential 

NT- Hankins, Philon- Hankins is solid in his role, Philon was good on the chargers. Vet depth, would have been nice to add someone competition. 

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

5. Depth S. Can't have too many S's! But it's DePtH gUyS! We NeEd DePtH! ALL OF THE DEPTH. At. One. Position. 🤦🏼‍♂️

7. A 3rd C. 

We gave up two to move up due to reaches. And we managed to completely ignore IDL, OG, and WR. 

Who did you want at every pick ?