2021 Draft Thread - Day 3 Throwdown

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Exactly. 

So we've managed to create artificial "depth" at Nickel/WSB with a trio of guys who didn't actually play the position. 

We're like 6 deep at NLB, and virtually none of them past the starter has proven a single solitary thing as a LB at the NFL or college level. 

see the depth chart thread 

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Fortunately I trust Bradley’s insight way more than yours. Diablo projects very well to WLB. 

The post someone did a while ago about Deablo and Bradley's resume of moving S's to LB's and having success was impressive.

• Like 2

Exactly. 

So we've managed to create artificial "depth" at Nickel/WSB with a trio of guys who didn't actually play the position. 

We're like 6 deep at NLB, and virtually none of them past the starter has proven a single solitary thing as a LB at the NFL or college level. 

So what? The NFL is all about projection. Do you want a plodder playing linebacker? Deablo is already LB size. That is the biggest adjustment. His biggest strengths are his instincts and physical gifts. He's a safety LB hybrid like Chinn and Dugger. Don't even call him a LB if you don't want to. But he can play in sub packages in the NFL.

Cool story bro. 

I've never been fired for sucking at my job so....whatevs.

Lol that's a terrible response. You've gotta be talented enough to even get the job in the first place. Love the confidence but I mean come on. You actually think you project Diablo better than Bradley?

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I'm confused. All I read before the draft was how predictably we drafted for need *only*.  .....and now we're upset because we aren't continuing to draft in the late rounds for need? 

Whether it is for need or a 6th S we are still reaching.  Draft for need as long as they are close to BPA.  We get poor value.  

1 minute ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Lol that's a terrible response. You've gotta be talented enough to even get the job in the first place. Love the confidence but I mean come on. You actually think you project Diablo better than Bradley?

Dude is a joke. Just put him on ignore. 

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Whether it is for need or a 6th S we are still reaching.  Draft for need as long as they are close to BPA.  We get poor value.  

How do you know he wasn't the Raiders BPA? This is what I don't understand. If you don't agree with the pick that's fine but saying it wasn't BPA is impossible without seeing their board. If he is your #1 player on your board and you take him despite already taking a S in round 2 that is the definition of not reaching and taking the most talented player ON YOUR BOARD. That's BPA in a nutshell. 

Edited by CaliforniaKid7

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Cool story dawg. Sure you work in the NFL also bro and are as successful as Bradley 🤣🤣

Never claimed to. You brought it up. I guess we shouldn't talk football opinions at all then if that's how you feel. So why are you here?