2021 NFL Draft: Day Three Thread (NEED MOAR GIFS!!!)

Just now, MikeT14 said:

UDFA I'd like (as long as they still don't get picked): Jamie Newman, ArDarius Washington, TJ Vasher, Paddy FIsher, Paris Ford, Adrian Ealy, Dylan Moses, Jose Borregales, Alaric Jackson, Kylin Hill, Tony Poljian, Charles Snowden, Pooka Williams, Tuf Borland, Matt Bushman, Tony Kraemer, Shane Buchele, Austin Failou, Anthony Hines III, Jake Curhan, Dax Milne, Blake Haubeil

Ar'Darius Washington is another guy at safety that'd be worth a look. Undersized, opposite of the athletic studs we've targeted so far, but instincts and plus ball skills could come in handy in some sub packages.

18 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

We are getting close enough at this point

What are some of your UDFAs you hope the team picks up?

21 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

We are getting close enough at this point

What are some of your UDFAs you hope the team picks up?

Gimme any of my UVA guys
Snowden
Poljan
Shane Simpson
Or ZZ Stop

Honestly some really talented guys still out there at almost every spot,
QB Newman
HB has a bunch like Pooka,Patterson,Jefferson,Hawkins
WR has Cade Johnson,Dac Mline,T.Terry,Josh I,Grimes,Coxie and more
CB has Brown,Trill,Griffin
S has Ar'darius,Ford and Uphoff
DT has Marvin WIlson
LB has Hilliard and Moses

Still picks left in draft though

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

I mean to be honest we pretty much traded a 2022 5th for Two 7ths

not a good trade if you ask me

A 2022 5th equals a 2021 6th. We traded for a 6th and a 7th. Yes, the 6th was at the end, but even 2 x 7ths for a 6th isnt a bad trade if you pick the right guys

I'm in the minority I know, but no QB other than Trevor Lawrence gives us a better chance at winning games than what we currently have on the roster. 

Not trying to debate, because this is only a belief. I have no facts to back anything up. I believe the staff feels the same way and thus wont be drafting a QB on day one. (I believe we wont even draft a QB at all)

One thing I do know, I'll be wearing my Sean Taylor jersey tonight and eagerly awaiting their pick.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/washington-didnt-draft-qb-because-it-didnt-really-want-one

Now that this has come true, I hope that people will buy in more to the QBs we have. I have been wrong (A LOT) about our QBs in recent memory. I beat the drum that Dwayne Haskins gave us the best chance to win last year and was terribly wrong. I think we were all disappointed with the Alex Smith trade, but before they traded for him, I said it made the most sense for the franchise. Even said that Alex Smith wasn't what he was, a checkdown QB that wasn't cut out to be a starting QB anymore.

We know who our QBs are going into the season. Is anyone calling for them to be world beaters? No, but if Fitzpatrick beats out both Heinicke and Allen (and no injury was the reason) we know that our QBotF isn't on the roster. Either way, I imagine a QB trade or a high draft pick next year to address the position.

Our team is definitely more talented than it was last year. We have gotten faster and better in almost every aspect. The players have bought in. The staff has bought in. I am planting a flag now, we WILL win the division again. This team is hungry. I'm excited for whats to come.

(While still reserving a spot in the curmudgeon cave for when this doesn't go how I hoped)

Edited by Slappy Mc

43 minutes ago, noptov52 said:

Ar'Darius Washington is another guy at safety that'd be worth a look. Undersized, opposite of the athletic studs we've targeted so far, but instincts and plus ball skills could come in handy in some sub packages.

Oh for sure! I didn’t realize Ar’Darius Washington didn’t get drafted. He’s a must sign as an UDFA, but I bet if he has options he doesn’t sign here. We only really have Kam Curl as someone who has one S spot locked down. 

There’s a lot of competition for that other spot whether it’s Collins starting next to Curl in a split safety look or Reaves retaining his starring S spot or Everrett retaining it plus they still have Apke with all the natural athleticism but no feel for FS that he’s shown yet and they just drafted Forrest, it’s hard to imagine any UDFA safety signing here. 

Sadly, I think Ar’Darius Washington signs with the Cowboys. He played at TCU which is in Dallas and they need back up safeties.

33 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/washington-didnt-draft-qb-because-it-didnt-really-want-one

Now that this has come true, I hope that people will buy in more to the QBs we have. I have been wrong (A LOT) about our QBs in recent memory. I beat the drum that Dwayne Haskins gave us the best chance to win last year and was terribly wrong. I think we were all disappointed with the Alex Smith trade, but before they traded for him, I said it made the most sense for the franchise. Even said that Alex Smith wasn't what he was, a checkdown QB that wasn't cut out to be a starting QB anymore.

We know who our QBs are going into the season. Is anyone calling for them to be world beaters? No, but if Fitzpatrick beats out both Heinicke and Allen (and no injury was the reason) we know that our QBotF isn't on the roster. Either way, I imagine a QB trade or a high draft pick next year to address the position.

Our team is definitely more talented than it was last year. We have gotten faster and better in almost every aspect. The players have bought in. The staff has bought in. I am planting a flag now, we WILL win the division again. This team is hungry. I'm excited for whats to come.

(While still reserving a spot in the curmudgeon cave for when this doesn't go how I hoped)

I will always root for our QBs to do well, I reserve the right as a critic/fan not to believe they will actually do well though especially when I wanted nothing to do with them being on this years roster such as I feel about Fitzpatrick.

I’ve been wrong more than right about QBs too. Most recent with Heinicke that I felt he was going to fall on his face in the playoffs but he really played well and earned himself a two year contract extension off of 6 good quarters of football.

Again, I have no real issues with any of them, I just don’t think any of them are long term answers for getting us and aren’t good enough to keep us a playoff team for years to come, I hope I’m wrong but I’m worried I’m right.

Basically, I think if Fitz plays well enough, wins the job over Allen & Heinicke & starts all 16 games, he’ll have a Kirk Cousins type season for us. 68%, 4200 yds, 31 TDs but, here’s the difference between a good starter like Kirk & a guy like Fitz; Fitz will throw for 19 ints next year.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

Gimme any of my UVA guys
Snowden
Poljan
Shane Simpson
Or ZZ Stop

Honestly some really talented guys still out there at almost every spot,
QB Newman
HB has a bunch like Pooka,Patterson,Jefferson,Hawkins
WR has Cade Johnson,Dac Mline,T.Terry,Josh I,Grimes,Coxie and more
CB has Brown,Trill,Griffin
S has Ar'darius,Ford and Uphoff
DT has Marvin WIlson
LB has Hilliard and Moses

Still picks left in draft though

Ar'darius and  Pooka big 12 guys. Both are to small. Pooka may have a chance but both are truly long shots. Pooka can easily be tackle if you can get your hands on him Lo. He gave us (OU) fits b/c he's water bug. Exceptional KR (ST). Ar'darius has a big heart but again he's just not big enough. He has good range though.  

Sometime small packages can carry a punch.