NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

23 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

What does this mean for the Browns? Do they have a chance this year until Watson gets back or are they going to be playing for next year?

It’s a lost year imo for them. They face a lot of good QBs this year, off the top of my head they play Burrow twice, Lamar twice, Herbs, Josh Allen, and TB12 

Wow! I’m guessing that someone is going to get a steal and have themselves a decent LT. Leatherwood played over 1,600 snaps at LT at Alabama, but the Raiders played him exclusively on the right side, tackle and guard. 

If a team puts him back at LT, I’m guessing he’s going to show why he was considered a top 50 prospect. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Wow! I’m guessing that someone is going to get a steal and have themselves a decent LT. Leatherwood played over 1,600 snaps at LT at Alabama, but the Raiders played him exclusively on the right side, tackle and guard. 

If a team puts him back at LT, I’m guessing he’s going to show why he was considered a top 50 prospect. 

I don't know about that. I doubt the Raiders didn't give him a couple looks there. Some guys are world beaters in college and just don't have it in the NFL. But as cheap reclamation projects go, someone should probably give it a shot. 

57 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I don't know about that. I doubt the Raiders didn't give him a couple looks there. Some guys are world beaters in college and just don't have it in the NFL. But as cheap reclamation projects go, someone should probably give it a shot. 

Leatherwood was never a consideration on the left side as that’s where the Raiders have Kolton Miller. 

Edited by SemperFeist

10 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Leatherwood was never a consideration on the left side as that’s where the Raiders have Kolton Miller.

They never considered Leatherwood to play LG because they had Kolton Miller at LT? I don't understand why that would be. Also, why not consider him as a backup LT?

If true, that is a poor job by the Raiders coaches IMO. They should be considering those options for a guy that was a first round pick a year earlier before cutting him. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I loved the dude coming out, and athletically he really preformed well, but I would say he is a better OG than a OT, I never considered him a LT at all in the NFL.  Athletically sure but he does make errors in pass pro and gets too ahead of himself and leans.  In the right system at guard his athletic ability could really be an asset. 

Hopefully someone picks him up though, too talented not to be at least somewhere.  The move did save the Raiders $4.6 which was probably more the reason, why pay that to a backup but still kind of shocking he could not even be a starter for them.

To any underclassmen declaring for the draft, tons have got released and honestly if one is not ready your career will be over very very quickly because no team really waits for anyone to develop now a days because there is so many good players out there.  

45 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

To any underclassmen declaring for the draft, tons have got released and honestly if one is not ready your career will be over very very quickly because no team really waits for anyone to develop now a days because there is so many good players out there.  

I think Leatherwood gets picked up. But I also think this is a case where the NFL affiliating with the USFL or XFL would be a great thing. Guys like Leatherwood could really benefit by getting game snaps somewhere. A team could "send him to the minors" and let him develop there for a season or two before completely cutting bait. 

• Like 1