NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Multiple teams have contacted the San Francisco 49ers with interest in trading for receiver Brandon Aiyuk, but so far nothing has been agreed to, a league source told The Athletic on Monday.

Aiyuk trade talks — a hot topic approaching the draft in April — heated up again recently as the 49ers ended their second week of training camp no closer to a deal with their top receiver. Over the weekend, the Cleveland Browns and New England Patriots were the top suitors, according to multiple reports. On Monday, the Pittsburgh Steelers resurfaced as a possible destination.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5682632/2024/08/05/49ers-brandon-aiyuk-trade-talks/

Aiyuk was selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the first round with the 25th pick in the 2020 NFL draft after they acquired the pick from the Minnesota Vikings in a trade.

Wiki

I don't remember how that trade went down. how did we have both the #22 pick (Justin Jefferson) and #25?

22 hours ago, swede700 said:

I didn't even know that they were looking for a new stadium...I also actually didn't think the Browns stadium was that old (it's 25 yrs). 

You can't go more than 20ish year w/o grafting the tax payers....Interesting picture given they said they want 20,000 surface parking spots....

Edited by PrplChilPill

2 minutes ago, viking said:

Booth shipped over to be with the new Mike Zimmer defense!

I hope that works out for Booth. Maybe the new guys will be useful to the Vikings.

I am going to assume that Booth wasn't going to make the roster if the team didn't trade him.  If that is the case, it's great the team found a sucka to take Booth's guaranteed salary. Wright has no guaranteed salary so the Vikings can freely cut him -- something they wouldn't have been able to do with Booth.

Perhaps the new guy will be useful to the Vikings, and it would be great if he was, but even if he does nothing for the Vikings the trade is a win for the Vikings.

• Like 1