Oof da!, It's the UDFA thread

vike daddy

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I can live with Patterson, he did not have a good season this past year.  15-22 this past season but does have a big leg and has a few game winners for them.  I would be ok with Patterson but liked Jose more off of his recent success and better season.  Watkins was the best WR on UAB so not super excited about Mitchell.

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Nice signing, he is one of the biggest personalities in the draft, dude is a funny guy and has a ton of character and personality.  Great pickup just for the locker room but will be hard for him to make the team, has nice big play ability and is passion, good hands and can make contested catches.

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

WR might be able to get a spot. Especially if they keep 6

Maybe.  I was pulling for Quartney Davis and Hollins last year. Theilen, Jefferson, Johnson, Beebe, Smith-Marsette, ??.  I'll still pull for Terry until he signs elsewhere.

Terry, Cade Johnson, Johnathan Adam's, TJ Vasher, or Trevon Grimes all make sense

At S, Trill Williams can compete with Metellus and Bynum for S3

Edited by NoDakViking

3 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Maybe.  I was pulling for Quartney Davis and Hollins last year. Theilen, Jefferson, Johnson, Beebe, Smith-Marsette, ??.  I'll still pull for Terry until he signs elsewhere.

Terry, Cade Johnson, Johnathan Adam's, TJ Vasher, or Trevon Grimes all make sense

I wouldn’t pen in Beebe to make the team. I think he’s got some good competition. 

Jose Borregales was signed by the Buccaneers, obviously I would have rather had him than Patterson but he is a good 2nd option and the best 2nd option out there honestly, clearly the Vikings will not win a who you want to play for war with the Super Bowl champs.  At least they got one so happy about that.

The Vikings signed undrafted Memphis kicker Riley Patterson with the expectation he will battle Greg Joseph for the job. He got a $5,000 signing bonus and had $15,000 of his salary guaranteed.

Spielman: “I can guarantee you we’ll have kicking competition.”

https://www.twincities.com/2021/05/01/vikings-to-sign-undrafted-memphis-kicker-riley-patterson/