> 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <

Danger

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Sam Howell is going to be the Justin Herbert of this draft class.

*leaves chat* 

He's certainly an enigma. I could also see him being the Mitch Trubisky of this class. (Trubs also went to UNC like Howell, ironically)

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

My general outlook on Howell as a whole, he's a poor man's Baker Mayfield.

Sometime last year I called him the Mighty Kid's Meal version of Baker.
Both in look and style. Not very tall but has some strength / width to him.

Worse ways to go, him losing everyone doesn't really get brought up..you're right @Scalamania

If you whittle it down to Corral, Howell and Willis... from what I remember of Howell he should be at least competent.
Corral has more boom/bust, but would rather take the chance on him.

Willis seems like he could easily devolve into Danny Dimes or any other guy with some athleticism.
I don't know if he just runs so much because of the supporting cast or that's just what he wants to do.

Pickett is gonna get love if Pitt keeps winning, especially with Joe Burrow fresh in people's mind and him have relative success this year.

Nice thing is if they have all these options it hopefully it means they don't blow the Miami pick on one.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

He's certainly an enigma. I could also see him being the Mitch Trubisky of this class. (Trubs also went to UNC like Howell, ironically)

I’m talking more situationally than stylistically.

Mitch only started 1 season and was largely a projection with very little experience.

Howell, like Herbert, was largely thought of as “the dude” going into the season, then disappointed early and it’s scared everyone off. It seems like general draft Twitter wrote Herbert and now Howell off after a slow start and are quick to elevate others ahead. 

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Mitch only started 1 season and was largely a projection with very little experience.

Howell, like Herbert, was largely thought of as “the dude” going into the season, then disappointed early and it’s scared everyone off. It seems like general draft Twitter wrote Herbert and now Howell off after a slow start and are quick to elevate others ahead. 

Don’t recall the love for Herbert ever being super high preseason, but that could’ve just been because of how loud the Tua stuff was.

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'll have to watch some cutups of Howell frankly. I remember watching a cutup of Herbert at Oregon during his senior season and he was basically always going to first read or checkdown, or run.

5 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

It's Corral or Strong for me still if I had to take one.

I can almost guarantee that we won’t take a QB without mobility. I think Strong is already firmly off the table. Look at our history of QBs. For the vast majority we’ve always gone with mobile QBs from Cunningham to McNabb to Vick to Wentz to Hurts. There have been a few exceptions, but Foles was a 3rd rounder and he was still more mobile than Strong. Not to mention he has knee issues too I believe. 

3 hours ago, Danger said:
6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Expand  

I'll have to watch some cutups of Howell frankly. I remember watching a cutup of Herbert at Oregon during his senior season and he was basically always going to first read or checkdown, or run.

Was searching “Herbert” and “weapons” on Twitter to find tweets to prove to @Kiltman that Howell losing his weapons has been talked about and found this from Jordan Reid over at TDN. Probably explains what you saw and why he didn’t do as good as he could’ve not being in a scheme catered to his strengths. The poor weapons for Herbert is very valid too.

But, the second tweet is what I’m more interested in. You know which team runs a west coast type scheme? That’s right. Your Philadelphia Eagles.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <