2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I just don't know how you can see the form and function of MVS without seeing the MVS body type. Those are indivisible in my eyes. 

Different eyes see different things. I think this kid could fill MVS's role in our offense. You dont. Fine.
I checked MVS's draft stuff and he was listed at 206# coming our of college and he's listed at 206# on KC's roster now - he must eat right :) I think in this kid could put on 10-15 pounds and hold his speed.

Just now, Leader said:

Different eyes see different things. I think this kid could fill MVS's role in our offense. You dont. Fine.
I checked MVS's draft stuff and he was listed at 206# coming our of college and he's listed at 206# on KC's roster now - he must eat right :) I think in this kid could put on 10-15 pounds and hold his speed.

That would be a little surprising. Dude is built like a track runner. 

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Pittman isn't a good comparison either. 

London has a very good chance to be better. 

Who's your comparison for London? Maybe Evans? Mike Williams? 

I haven't watched a ton on him yet, but from the little I have seen, he looks stiff and slow and plays high. I'm not on the London train... yet anyway. 

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

Apparently he's got small hands - so his catching the ball may not be optimal (especially when the deep freeze comes town.....) - but from his highlight reel, he runs a more diverse route tree than MVS was tasked with - which may have been GB scheme....just saying.  He certainly has the frame that would accept more weight - he looks (now) like a slightly smaller version of Geronimo. 

Those small hands do scare me. 

14 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I haven't watched a ton on him yet, but from the little I have seen, he looks stiff and slow and plays high. I'm not on the London train... yet anyway. 

London is not Evans.  Evans can run right by people.  London isn't going to do that but is a good athlete with exceptional hands and can catch the ball in traffic.  He'll be great on jump balls in the red zone.  He's not a burner off the line but he has a really good catch window.  

23 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

AJ Green

6 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

London is not Evans.  Evans can run right by people.  London isn't going to do that but is a good athlete with exceptional hands and can catch the ball in traffic.  He'll be great on jump balls in the red zone.  He's not a burner off the line but he has a really good catch window.  

I was asking, not comparing, btw.

• Like 1

There may be a run on WR and we might well lose the guys Gute likes.  That said, there are other positions to like.  And other teams have urgent needs, too, at other positions.  So I think there's a good chance that WR that the board likes will still be available.  The question is whether they'll be the guys Gute likes.  

I'm just a Koolaid optimist guy, but I have some level of trust and respect for Gute and their scouts.  Gary seemed an uncertain pick; vindicated.  Alexander didn't seem like the no-brainer board favorite; but Gute vindicated.  Stokes, a lot of other analysts had some other guys, even on his own team, ahead of him, and projected him in the 2nd round; but Gute big-time vindicated.  

I'm hopeful and optimistic that Gute's analyzed this reasonably well, and will end up making some logical decisions.  

• Like 2