2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

9 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

How much can they determine 3 months after an ACL? I don't know my self. Just asking. 

No clue.  I'm not a medical professional and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

But if that guy clears our medicals and can participate in camp, he's 100% a difference maker.  I have a hard time believing that he isn't WR#1 in this class if there was no injury.  I see him as a top 10 pick without that injury.  He may go around there (but a little later) even with that injury.  That's how much of a difference maker that guy can be, if healthy.

11 minutes ago, hoekd0250 said:

Which of the top safety fit our scheme the best. 

Lewis cine 

Daxton hill

Bryan cooks

Etc.

From the little I've seen, and it is just a little, I have a hard time believing that Daxton Hill won't be a stud in the league.

I don't know anything about Cine or Cooks.  But Daxton is a weapon.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If he clears our medicals, I'd be all for a trade up to secure Williams.  But he's gotta be healthy enough to practice, in camp, to get up to speed for the season.  

I would too, but still trying to see them taking a WR in the first,  let alone trading up.  The kid is good.

26 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

How much can they determine 3 months after an ACL? I don't know my self. Just asking. 

Pretty well.

If the MRI comes back clean without any (or even minor) meniscus damage, and swelling is down, that puts these guys in good shape.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

If he clears our medicals, I'd be all for a trade up to secure Williams.  But he's gotta be healthy enough to practice, in camp, to get up to speed for the season.  

Me too. Based strictly on talent, he's WR1 by a good margin. 

Williams

Edited by Les Punting
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

From the little I've seen, and it is just a little, I have a hard time believing that Daxton Hill won't be a stud in the league.

I'm a big Dax guy too. If I were the one picking at 22 and Karlaftis and Penning were gone, I'd have a hard time picking between Hill and one of the remaining top WRs.

10 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I'm a big Dax guy too. If I were the one picking at 22 and Karlaftis and Penning were gone, I'd have a hard time picking between Hill and one of the remaining top WRs.

Penning at 22? Why? Shouldn't a 1st round OT be polished? Penning is sloppy, guys get into his chest way too easy. It's obvious in his game tape and it was obvious at the senior bowl, where he got walked back routinely. Lots of "L's" on that tape. 

Penning Senior Bowl

If you want an OT, trade up for Cross. Reaching for Penning isn't the answer.

8 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Penning at 22? Why? Shouldn't a 1st round OT be polished? Penning is sloppy, guys get into his chest way too easy. It's obvious in his game tape and it was obvious at the senior bowl, where he got walked back routinely. Lots of "L's" on that tape. 

Penning Senior Bowl

All indications are that Cross won't get out of the top 10. Even if he slips to 15ish that would take a lot of draft capital to move up to that range for a position that isn't a dire need.

I think Penning would be a fine value at 22, if he even falls that far. He is a bit older at 23, but his frame, athleticism and demeanor are all the kinds of traits you look for in a tackle prospect. Gotta trust the coaching staff with that one to clean up the penalties and technique.

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Someone's going to gamble on those Combine numbers.  I just hope it isn't us.  At least not before Day 3.

I mean probably… but this draft is full of these types this year. So who can really say. I agree given everything I would at best take Woods with the late 3rd GB has at the earliest.

The other TE I like is Ruckert… so I’m already looking at them taking a TE in the 3rd-4th round range.

My point about woods is that he is the closet to Lewis as far as what he can offer. They have their H Back/smaller guy in Degaura. They have their move guy in Bob (if he is healthy). Woods would allow them to move on from Lewis… but maybe they don’t want to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

I would assume it's more about the timeline.  Usual ACL recoveries are between 9-12 months, so there's normal benchmarks in a "standard" recovery.  If you're further along with those benchmarks, you're probably considered further along in your recovery.  The bigger the sample size of players returning from the same injury probably give you that baseline.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Cine from all accounts is like Jamal Adams… but can cover better.

But he pops because he is big, is crazy fast, and very physical.

I would be happy with him with one of the 2 first but I don’t know if he is the type GB wants. Hill is easily the preferred type, I would assume, for GB.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

If we didn't have Adrian Amos, I'd be completely on board with Lewis Cine.  But I also think he goes off the board earlier then the Packers probably would pick him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les Punting said:

Packers aren't getting anywhere close enough to select Cross.  I'd put a LOT of money on him going top 10.  Unless NYG go OT at 5, I think he's going 7th.

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I mean probably… but this draft is full of these types this year. So who can really say. I agree given everything I would at best take Woods with the late 3rd GB has at the earliest.

The other TE I like is Ruckert… so I’m already looking at them taking a TE in the 3rd-4th round range.

My point about woods is that he is the closet to Lewis as far as what he can offer. They have their H Back/smaller guy in Degaura. They have their move guy in Bob (if he is healthy). Woods would allow them to move on from Lewis… but maybe they don’t want to.

I'm also guessing that Woods has a fair chance of being a Packers, but I don't think there will be a rush by teams to draft him because of his age. He is coming up on his 24th birthday and if all things are equal most will go with a younger player.