2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

27 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

You can't control what the other 31 teams do with their picks and maneuvering but if I had to put money down on just one player that the Packers are dead set on walking away from this draft with, it's...

Alec Pierce 

I could see him being very high up on the board. Only thing I might see being a flag is that he's just a bit stiff. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Pierce and Pickens are in the top 4 on our WR board. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

For people who like metrics. 

Those metrics seem extremely questionable to me. It's hard to come up with any metric in football, even more so for a dependent position like WR, but this just reads like we're grading prospects based on average depth of target. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Those metrics seem extremely questionable to me. It's hard to come up with any metric in football, even more so for a dependent position like WR, but this just reads like we're grading prospects based on average depth of target. 

The bits about London are at least a little "hmmm" given some of those names that came before him. I've always been a little skeptical about him tbh. Real interested to see him run in a few days.

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

You can't control what the other 31 teams do with their picks and maneuvering but if I had to put money down on just one player that the Packers are dead set on walking away from this draft with, it's...

Alec Pierce 

Is that before of after they trade Love?  :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

Is that before of after they trade Love?  :)

The previously unseen amount of QB movement looks to have hurt the Packers there. In a year that Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz get moved, Tom Brady unretires, and Baker Mayfield is there to be had for a song, the sheer availability of more proven QBs has by all appearances killed his market. I don't think he'll get traded at the draft like I previously expected. But nothing has changed so far as what I've been led to believe about his chances of following Rodgers as Packers QB. It's not going to be Love and he will get traded at some point. The bummer is that it likely won't be for much when it happens. The closer he gets to the end of his contract the less they'll get for him. It's why they were looking at getting it done during this year's draft before all hell broke loose on the QB market. I'm sure a handful of people will have fun mocking me if he's still a Packer after the draft but so be it. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if he got tossed into a trade as the Packers move around the board.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The bits about London are at least a little "hmmm" given some of those names that came before him. I've always been a little skeptical about him tbh. Real interested to see him run in a few days.

His ankle was busted. While I'm a firm believer in the idea that you don't want receivers who catch a majority of their stuff contested in college, when you consider the injury and the absolutely insane target rate, things start to fall a bit more into line. If you applied these same metrics to the Packers, Davante would be begging MVS and Lazard.

Scot knows what he's talking about

Former NFL G.M. Scot McCloughan thinks that teams shouldn’t give huge money to receivers. He made his case to Mike Reiss in an item regarding the chronic struggles of the Patriots to draft and develop receivers whom anyone would want to give a second contract.

“When you start throwing that money around, if it’s a quarterback, I get it,” McCloughan told Reiss. “If it’s a pass rusher, I get it. Guys that are impacting games all the time. With a receiver — they’re important don’t get me wrong, but a good defensive coordinator can take them out of the game plan. . . . So now you’re lucky if he touches the ball 6-8 times a game . . . it’s just who’s going to impact the game the most.”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

For people who like metrics. 

Metrics are a very good thing...sometimes, but sometimes it is just garbage in, garbage out. This isn't the NFL where everyone is playing one of the other 31 teams, there are wildly different levels of competition. Grading an Alabama player playing against Troy versus a Troy player playing against Alabama is an unbalanced metric. I'd take those numbers with a grain of salt. 

2 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Alec Pierce 

Agree, but that is a softball. London, Pierce, Pickens, Watson are all no brainers to the Packers if the board falls a certain way. Pierce seems like best fit on Packers draft position 2+ weeks out. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I'm sure a handful of people will have fun mocking me if he's still a Packer after the draft but so be it.....

People mocking other people? Does that happen on this website? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, R T said:

Metrics are a very good thing...sometimes, but sometimes it is just garbage in, garbage out. This isn't the NFL where everyone is playing one of the other 31 teams, there are wildly different levels of competition. Grading an Alabama player playing against Troy versus a Troy player playing against Alabama is an unbalanced metric. I'd take those numbers with a grain of salt. 

Yeah that's my issue with production-related metrics that take out context. I think we can draw some things from the article, but I wouldn't put too much thought into it