2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

3 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Yeah that's my issue with production-related metrics that take out context. I think we can draw some things from the article, but I wouldn't put too much thought into it 

Watched the PFF WR breakdown last night and one of their comments was about how historically their metrics translate very well for lineman going forward, but the WR metrics were very spotty in predicting future success to the NFL. Fun to look at, but nothing to make concrete decisions on.  

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

The previously unseen amount of QB movement looks to have hurt the Packers there. In a year that Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz get moved, Tom Brady unretires, and Baker Mayfield is there to be had for a song, the sheer availability of more proven QBs has by all appearances killed his market. I don't think he'll get traded at the draft like I previously expected. But nothing has changed so far as what I've been led to believe about his chances of following Rodgers as Packers QB. It's not going to be Love and he will get traded at some point. The bummer is that it likely won't be for much when it happens. The closer he gets to the end of his contract the less they'll get for him. It's why they were looking at getting it done during this year's draft before all hell broke loose on the QB market. I'm sure a handful of people will have fun mocking me if he's still a Packer after the draft but so be it. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if he got tossed into a trade as the Packers move around the board.

Don't think anyone could have predicted the amount of QB movement this offseason.  Only teams left are Carolina and Atlanta.  At this point doesn't look good for a trade.  Maybe Clements can get Love straightened out.  HIs mechanics still suck.  Can't stand his release.   From statements from MLF and Murphy don't get the feeling they have much confidence in him.  

This offseason will be important for Love.  Murphy stated they haven't seen enough of him yet and he can still be a good player.  How about he hasn't shown us anything in his two years here but we remain hopeful.  Kid was too much of a project coming in.  At this point I think he sticks and they'll give him another year.  They would have probably moved him for a 2 but don't think that is in the cards anymore.  

We are trying to win now so taking another QB to develop this year is out.  Can't afford to burn the draft capital.  So it's Love by default.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Frankly, Packers could also look at Pitre in the late 1st/2nd. Same slot/safety type player but had the highest run defense grade among the top guys. Great blitzer too.

Wouldn't surprise me if Daxton Hill or Jalen Pitre are Packer come draft day.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That was supposed to be Josiah Deugara.

Dont look now but th at IS what josiah is. 

Josiah will put up better numbers this year than kyle ever has. There's my bold prediction of the year.

But people will still not like Josiah because he was a 3rd rounder.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Josiah will put up better numbers this year than kyle ever has. There's my bold prediction of the year.

Not sure if this means "because they expect more from a third rounder" or "because he wasn't taken in the first two rounds they'll think he's useless". 

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

For people who like metrics. 

Cosell has a lot of questions about London as well.  He said his film has a lot of concerns transitioning to the NFL. 

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, R T said:

Agree, but that is a softball. London, Pierce, Pickens, Watson are all no brainers to the Packers if the board falls a certain way. Pierce seems like best fit on Packers draft position 2+ weeks out. 

At what pick are you thinking the value on Pierce aligns with GB's spot on the board?  RD2?  I've seen everything from #28 to RD4 in this forum when it comes to Pierce.

44 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

My big thing with him is that he needs to be more consistent with his hands. He won't get the ball much from 12 unless that improves. Has a few big drops last year including a big one against SF in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

At what pick are you thinking the value on Pierce aligns with GB's spot on the board?  RD2?  I've seen everything from #28 to RD4 in this forum when it comes to Pierce.

I don't see him getting past the Bears at 71, who desperately need a WR too. I also wouldn't take him at 28.

44 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Are we talking receiving numbers or the total package?  Give me a simple choice between which of the two I'd rather have on GB's roster, and I'm going with Juszczyk

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Probably in the second round.  Don't think he falls much further then that.  #28 seems a bit high for him.

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I don't see him getting past the Bears at 71, who desperately need a WR too. I also wouldn't take him at 28.

I'm not sure how the Bears don't grab a WR before that.  One of their SRPs will be used on a WR.  I think you're looking at OL or WR with at least one (if not both) of their SRPs.