2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

My big thing with him is that he needs to be more consistent with his hands. He won't get the ball much from 12 unless that improves. Has a few big drops last year including a big one against SF in the playoffs.

He has the same catch % as jusczyk.

In writing my books I have had the opportunity to talk to a lot of coaches and scouts. Unfortunately many have retired, moved on, and even passed away. So my contacts are drying up but will pass what I have heard...

During Mardi Gras a member of a Krewe affiliated with LSU was saying their CB, Stingley, was falling in the draft about where Green Bay was picking and they were interested. Since then, GB has a higher pick and could have added him to their iron shield pass defense. Unfortunately I saw where he ran the 40 in 4.37....doubt he drops unless there was something else that teams didn't like.

Second data point was at a party and a TA&M asst. coach said Packers were really interested in their TE. More than any other player. Film will show that TE killing Bama all game long. Yet his measurables says he's slow and won't block. Hmmmm.

What does those two points tell us? Nothing! It's the season for lying. Saying that, I have seen that LSU CB slip in some prospect lists. It's a data point, and I believe GB may say they like their TE to a coach to shield their interest in another playmaker on that team like maybe their RB Spiller who seems like a bigger, faster Aaron Jones.

I do know that there are 21 players with first round grades. There are 42 with second round grades. Because of the need for QBs I expect Green Bay to nab 5 players and maybe 1 and if they are lucky, 2 first round quality players. That should, not always, but should add approximately 25% new starters to the team. That is how you rebuild.

A bigger question will be if GB takes 2 wideouts in the first 2 rounds. I don't think they will but who knows.

• Like 3

Pierce popped for me a couple of months ago.  Just seems to fit.  If you can get one of those top WRs (Wilson,Olave, Williams), Pierce would be a great seconds WR.  

Probably going to have to move up in rd 2 a little to secure him.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hands said:

In writing my books I have had the opportunity to talk to a lot of coaches and scouts. Unfortunately many have retired, moved on, and even passed away. So my contacts are drying up but will pass what I have heard...

During Mardi Gras a member of a Krewe affiliated with LSU was saying their CB, Stingley, was falling in the draft about where Green Bay was picking and they were interested. Since then, GB has a higher pick and could have added him to their iron shield pass defense. Unfortunately I saw where he ran the 40 in 4.37....doubt he drops unless there was something else that teams didn't like.

Second data point was at a party and a TA&M asst. coach said Packers were really interested in their TE. More than any other player. Film will show that TE killing Bama all game long. Yet his measurables says he's slow and won't block. Hmmmm.

What does those two points tell us? Nothing! It's the season for lying. Saying that, I have seen that LSU CB slip in some prospect lists. It's a data point, and I believe GB may say they like their TE to a coach to shield their interest in another playmaker on that team like maybe their RB Spiller who seems like a bigger, faster Aaron Jones.

I do know that there are 21 players with first round grades. There are 42 with second round grades. Because of the need for QBs I expect Green Bay to nab 5 players and maybe 1 and if they are lucky, 2 first round quality players. That should, not always, but should add approximately 25% new starters to the team. That is how you rebuild.

A bigger question will be if GB takes 2 wideouts in the first 2 rounds. I don't think they will but who knows.

Good stuff, thanks Hands. 

The Stingley thing might be more about what's going on between the ears, solve that and the sky's the limit. 

I've given Spiller a look for the Packers, he is still only 20 YO and he is a playmaker. I hadn't given Wydermyer much of a look, but I could see the Packers taking a flyer on him. Physical player who turned 21 YO a few months ago, still a lot of potential development with that young man. And yes I know he run a 5.0/40.     

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Dont look now but th at IS what josiah is. 

Josiah will put up better numbers this year than kyle ever has. There's my bold prediction of the year.

But people will still not like Josiah because he was a 3rd rounder.

I think the reason I would like Zander on the roster to be the Kyle role is the threat of him as a runner.

Josiah, I believe, has never received a handoff as a packer. I think the whole purpose of this offense is literally have one formation and you are able to do a million things out of it… all looking the same while doing it.

I think Zander allows GB to build the element up more with his ability to act as a true RB/FB and be a runner out of a formation, Ala Kyle. 

Now maybe Josiah isn’t this because of Rodgers and LaFleur… to which case the issue likely isn’t getting solved with a new player. I still like Josiah and believe he is under used… but it feels like this team isn’t interested in using him. And I don’t know if that is because of the role, or him personally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

People expect more.

Ah makes sense. I'm in the camp where I expect a third rounder to be a solid contributor. James Jones is my expectation for a third rounder - solid player, someone you always want on the roster, but also never expected to be one of the top 15 players on the team. Anything more than that is a bonus. Anything less and it's a poor pick. I hope Deguara can solidify himself in that sweet spot this year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Pierce popped for me a couple of months ago.  Just seems to fit.  If you can get one of those top WRs (Wilson,Olave, Williams), Pierce would be a great seconds WR.  

Probably going to have to move up in rd 2 a little to secure him.  

I like Pierce, but not so sure I move up to get him with this WR class. If we get Olave around 22 or Pickens around 28, then Pierce at 59 seems to be fair value and a likely pot for him. I wouldn't take him at 53 unless Hall, Brisker, and Tyler Smith are all gone and we took an Edge in the first.

34 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I think the reason I would like Zander on the roster to be the Kyle role is the threat of him as a runner.

Josiah, I believe, has never received a handoff as a packer. I think the whole purpose of this offense is literally have one formation and you are able to do a million things out of it… all looking the same while doing it.

I think Zander allows GB to build the element up more with his ability to act as a true RB/FB and be a runner out of a formation, Ala Kyle. 

Now maybe Josiah isn’t this because of Rodgers and LaFleur… to which case the issue likely isn’t getting solved with a new player. I still like Josiah and believe he is under used… but it feels like this team isn’t interested in using him. And I don’t know if that is because of the role, or him personally.

I think he’s just young and had a longer climb to playing time cause of his injury. 

Really love the idea of him as a player. Loved his game coming out and investing a third rounder indicates their interest too. Fully expecting a jump this year 

• Like 1