2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

3 hours ago, OzPackfan said:

I don’t think we spend a 1st rounder on a WR unless it’s Wilson, Olave or Williams.

I also see us a taking a defensive player or OT at 22 and then trading back from 28 into the early second to go WR

Doesn’t Williams have a torn ACL?   If they draft anyone who is injured (again)…. 

How about Burkes, Watson, or Pierce?   Pierce is a burner.   Of course, you’re right on thinking value is there early second round.   Lots of options.   Perhaps they draft 3 WR but one can be very late for depth / development.  

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

... was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct for spraying water on a Tennessee player on the sideline (October 2020) ...

Hahaha I totally forgot about this.  That **** was hilarious (immature) esp since it was a Vols QB. 🤣🤣

Pickens is a stud tho.  He made a couple big plays vs Bama in the SECCG and Natty where he looked like his pre-ACL injury self again. I’ll be stoked if we draft him. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Pickens is a stud tho.  He made a couple big plays vs Bama in the SECCG and Natty where he looked like his pre-ACL injury self again. I’ll be stoked if we draft him. 

He's flashed superstar upside since his freshman year. I want him bad. A chance to land a superstar without having to invest a high pick to do so. He's more talented than Justin Jefferson and I was one of JJ's biggest supporters here (even though I pushed for Love). Pickens is special. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Opening night scenario: 1st round will be over. Packers won't have a WR. Pickens and Watson will still be out there. Packer fans will be climbing walls. 

Better scenario one of the first two picks was used on Matt Corral… packer fans collective skin would crawl.

5 hours ago, OzPackfan said:

I don’t think we spend a 1st rounder on a WR unless it’s Wilson, Olave or Williams.

I'm still on the it's unlikely the Packers take a WR on Day 1.  I'm not going to say never, but I think it's not going to happen.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Every year scenario: Fans that come and negatively critique the draft will disappear during the season and only reemerge for the next draft/offseason and completely ignore their past claims.

jerry-seinfeld-im-right.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Every year scenario: Fans that come and negatively critique the draft will disappear during the season and only reemerge for the next draft/offseason and completely ignore their past claims.

Being critical of the general strategy is fine. 

But anybody who says that a particular pick is a bad pick is essentially saying they are better at judging talent than the professionals. Unless they can back it up with proven experience in the field then it is arrogance of the extreme level.

You can not like a pick, the kind of player or the direction we are going with. But anyone who calls a pick a bad pick should be called out. 

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm still on the it's unlikely the Packers take a WR on Day 1.  I'm not going to say never, but I think it's not going to happen.

I still think the second round is the most likely.

Before signing Watkins, I was thinking the ideal would be to double dip in the second round on the position. With Watkins, it would lead me to think that if the board fell right, I would rather we got our guy with 22 and that would be it.  Maybe a flyer on an athlete around the 4th/5th another MVS type pick to go with them. But there probably isn't room on the roster for a stack of receivers so personally would go a bit more premium if the board fell.

Or given the lack of any real investment in the position maybe we do just completely devalue the position and run mainly two TE/two RB sets. But we would need to improve the TE room to do that. 

54 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Being critical of the general strategy is fine. 

But anybody who says that a particular pick is a bad pick is essentially saying they are better at judging talent than the professionals. Unless they can back it up with proven experience in the field then it is arrogance of the extreme level.

You can not like a pick, the kind of player or the direction we are going with. But anyone who calls a pick a bad pick should be called out. 

This statement, while not untrue, can be misleading. You have to be so careful with language here. For example, there is a huge difference between the statements "this is a bad pick" and "I don't like this particular pick", but people typing an opinion here can easily use one phrase, when they mean the other.

Also, some posters can read 'don't like' and react to it as though it said 'bad pick', when it doesn't. 

It doesn't mean a poster is displaying extreme arrogance, even if they use the term 'bad pick'. More likely, they are guilty of nothing more than being a bit imprecise in their language.

This is a site for opinions. Everyone has them, and they can differ hugely. If we always deferred to the professionals there would be no opinions on this site. Each of us has to judge what they read for themselves and the professionals are not automatically right. Better informed, yes, but they make mistakes too, plenty of them, so they are not infallible and opinions that question their decisions are not invalidated by being made with less information.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

This statement, while not untrue, can be misleading. You have to be so careful with language here. For example, there is a huge difference between the statements "this is a bad pick" and "I don't like this particular pick", but people typing an opinion here can easily use one phrase, when they mean the other.

Also, some posters can read 'don't like' and react to it as though it said 'bad pick', when it doesn't. 

It doesn't mean a poster is displaying extreme arrogance, even if they use the term 'bad pick'. More likely, they are guilty of nothing more than being a bit imprecise in their language.

This is a site for opinions. Everyone has them, and they can differ hugely. If we always deferred to the professionals there would be no opinions on this site. Each of us has to judge what they read for themselves and the professionals are not automatically better. Better informed, yes, but they make mistakes too, plenty of them, so they are not infallible and opinions that question their decisions are not invalidated by being made with less information.

That's fair enough.

There is a thin line between 'that is a bad pick' and 'I don't like a pick

Rightly or wrongly, on the internet a lot of the time, it comes across as the first. Most of the time when people say definitively that a player is a bad choice, they are ignorant of the reasons why a player was chosen and why a player wasn't chosen.

And then annoyingly when they are 'right' it gets brought up repeatedly for ten years when in reality it was probably pure luck they were right. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

And then annoyingly when they are 'right' it gets brought up repeatedly for ten years when in reality it was probably pure luck they were right. 

I hear you there. "I was right" posts are usually irritating, even if they were right.

Makes you want to pat them on the back hard enough to make them cough and then say "Oh sorry, did something go down the wrong way ?"

Edited by OneTwoSixFive