2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We were all on this train in 2020, and then Claypool, Mims, Higgins, Pittman, Shenault, Hamler, hell even Van Jefferson all went before our pick in round 2.

We need the WR, just take them in round 1 and get the guy. Value won't be great, but neither is the value of 1-2 seasons of a 38 year old QB vs 2 firsts and a slew of other picks and players. We chose a title run over that, so take the guy you need for this year.

I wasn't in 2020. I am now. And that's all the difference in the world.

Albert Breer -   Source: The Colts made the short drive today to visit and work out Cincinnati QB Desmond Ridder and a number of Bearcats receivers in Ohio. Interesting one, given that Indy’s already moved up in the second round. The Colts’ first pick is 42nd overall.

6 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

The Packers discussion on this forum is so far ahead of all other forums and social media in terms of knowledge and Packers awareness and it's not even close. Kudos to you posters and moderators.

Why thanks Mr. Anon. Good of you to say :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I wasn't in 2020. I am now. And that's all the difference in the world.

Yeah, after Aiyuk went there wasn't really a WR *I* really believed in left.  There were some guys who had a chance that I would have liked the Packers to take (like DPJ instead of Kamal Martin makes sense) though.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

The Packers already got Bisaccia his preferred punter in O'Donnell and Rich adds a little more flavor here answering a question at the 12:30 mark

Putting together the front 6 in punt protection is a key goal for him and he may ask for certain body types to achieve that goal.

Thanks. I hadn’t seen that before.  Bisaccia represents himself really well. He’s too polite to say it to the press, but I gather from what he did say that Gute does have to account for body types and physical attributes specifically for those half dozen key special teams players as he fills out the bottom numbers of the roster.

Honestly, I wonder if Gute has been as much a part of the problem as the ST players and coaches. 

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Yeah, after Aiyuk went there wasn't really a WR *I* really believed in left.  There were some guys who had a chance that I would have liked the Packers to take (like DPJ instead of Kamal Martin makes sense) though.

I liked DPJ that year. I do remember that.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We were all on this train in 2020, and then Claypool, Mims, Higgins, Pittman, Shenault, Hamler, hell even Van Jefferson all went before our pick in round 2.

We need the WR, just take them in round 1 and get the guy. Value won't be great, but neither is the value of 1-2 seasons of a 38 year old QB vs 2 firsts and a slew of other picks and players. We chose a title run over that, so take the guy you need for this year.

Yes!  As I said weeks ago....change up the standard procedure. Move them up the draft board.

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

The Packers discussion on this forum is so far ahead of all other forums and social media in terms of knowledge and Packers awareness and it's not even close. Kudos to you posters and moderators.

Indeed.  ^ This x 10,000

We've been graced with some amazing contributors over the years spanning scouting, finance, admin, game film review, draft write-ups, football strategy, media and even medical.

And Norm is the rug that really pulls the entire room together.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Not sure if this is related, but I did come across an interesting read here on Amari's ACL surgery and rehab in 2019

https://www.theundroppables.com/amari-rodgers-injury-profile/

"Risk factors for re-injury one of which is valgus (inward) knee loading and Rodgers appears to have some of that. This would be something to keep an eye on in the future but I’m not fading him because of it. "

I'm guessing the esteemed @squire12 might be able to offer some insight here.

yeah, that inward knee movement (valgus force) is the classic non-contact ACL tear mechanism.  

angle + load + speed of movement 

If the angle is good, load and speed are minimal issues

if the angle is bad, but the load and /or speed is not high (excessive) then you can escape injury

bad angle + high load + high speed = 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

woah....... moderators??

Oh No Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 2

It feels clear to me that the Packers do not need to take the WR with their top pick over a guy at a different position who is a better player or will help more, because they are able to turn around at 28 and take PIckens or Watson or Dotson or something.  Then you can turn around and get another guy from the third tier that you like in rounds 2-4.

Like 5 WRs going in the top 20 is not normal (4 in '21, 3 in '20, 0 in '19, 0 in '18, 3 in '17, 1 in '16, 4 in '15, etc.) but if that does happen this year, there's a great chance they really like someone left at a different position.

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It feels clear to me that the Packers do not need to take the WR with their top pick over a guy at a different position who is a better player or will help more, because they are able to turn around at 28 and take PIckens or Watson or Dotson or something.  Then you can turn around and get another guy from the third tier that you like in rounds 2-4.

Like 5 WRs going in the top 20 is not normal (4 in '21, 3 in '20, 0 in '19, 0 in '18, 3 in '17, 1 in '16, 4 in '15, etc.) but if that does happen this year, there's a great chance they really like someone left at a different position.

Edit— You were actually advocating for WR at 28. I’m good with that, but I still think…

…if you did forego the R1 WRs there are some nice possibilities at Edge, DT and safety. Perhaps OT but drafting OTs is like eating right and getting plenty of exercise. I know I should…

Edited by Uffdaswede

1 minute ago, Uffdaswede said:

Plus, if you did forego the R1 WRs there are some nice possibilities at Edge, DT and safety.

No, no, no.....that's *always the case* : there's always somebody else at some other position - but we've been pushing the WR position down the draft board FOR YEARS. Get a top guy - whomever (so long as his name begins with Pick or Bu....) - then fill out the rest of those positions. They'll still be there - AFTER - we snag a top guy.