2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

.......and every pick will just happen to be the highest guy on their board. GM speak at it's finest

These comments speak to some posted here a few days ago that GB will tailor their picks based on the "AR window"

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

.......and every pick will just happen to be the highest guy on their board. GM speak at it's finest

Why wouldn't they draft the highest guy on their board with every pick? That is the reason they put a board together. 

7 minutes ago, R T said:

Why wouldn't they draft the highest guy on their board with every pick? That is the reason they put a board together. 

So last year it just so happened that the highest guy on their board was CB and C the first two picks ?? I have some prime swamp land to sell ya. It's pretty much common knowledge that it's BPA at an area of need.

Edited by cannondale

7 minutes ago, R T said:

And if Matt Coral is the highest on their board say at 53? Should they draft him?

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Likely why Gb brought him in for a pre draft visit. This would be why you keep a Randall Cobb in the room.

Again… hate to say it but if Green Bay can’t trade back, I wouldn’t be shocked at all if Pierce is their guy at 28. Dude literally checks a ton of boxes. He only has a poor agility test… but it’s also inline with what Jordy did.

If they can’t get a guy at 22 or trade up…

Edited by Green19

As Wolf said to paraphrase, if you're not going to stay loyal to your board you've worked months/years on why do one?

Of course you stay loyal to the board but often times, more so the later it gets, the more the choices equalize.  You might have 5 guys sharing roughly the same rating on your board.  Then you can consider position/need and weigh that in.

At 53 we may have 1/2 dozen guys with pretty much equal value.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 15412 said:

As Wolf said to paraphrase, if you're not going to stay loyal to your board you've worked months/years on why do one?

Of course you stay loyal to the board but often times, more so the later it gets, the more the choices equalize.  You might have 5 guys sharing roughly the same rating on your board.  Then you can consider position/need and weigh that in.

At 53 we may have 1/2 dozen guys with pretty much equal value.

Boards often change a lot between days.

Need plays a part in your board, so you have to change things up based on who you've picked. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

If hes tiers ahead of the rest, yes. Or look into trades.

After say drafting Pickett at 28?

my point is at some point it’s diminishing returns. You might have guys tiers ahead… but I imagine they rank a bunch of guys so they understand their value. GB is unlikely to draft a QB this year, but…

I imagine they still have these guys ranked and on the board to track. If you just blindly draft best, top tier players at every pick… you could literally draft 4 WRs in a row or 4 CBs etc. They clearly take their roster, positions, etc all into account.

They invested in Love… they would be undercutting him and his value by say draft any QB in the first 2 rounds. So they might rank Corral or whoever a tier above, if they can’t trade out… they are likely drafting the next highest guy at a position that makes sense.

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

So last year it just so happened that the highest guy on their board was CB and C the first two picks ?? I have some prime swamp land to sell ya. It's pretty much common knowledge that it's BPA at an area of need.

The drafting of Josh Jackson is all proof that should be needed that the Packers will take the top player on their board. Gutes commented that night that they had no plans to draft a second CB but when Jackson fell and no trade materialized, they drafted him. That story has been supported several times since then. Many like yourself refuse to believe that because you have bought into the whole pre-draft needs thing, but the Packers handle needs in FA and draft the best player on their board in the draft. It is one of the big reasons they have drafted a player like Aaron Rodgers and others and stay ahead of the curve. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Interesting comment and interesting that he shared it. Of course you can parse those words in many directions, but several others have said similar things about the paucity of top talent at the top of this draft

He's saying what 32 GMs already know...

17 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Given that reality, what's the least you'd take in compensation ?
If NYG, HOU or SEA offer picks at the top of the 2nd - are you taking that deal ?

If I could get an early SRP out of Jordan Love, I'd probably make that deal.  I wouldn't be happy about it, but I'd do it.

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

After say drafting Pickett at 28?

my point is at some point it’s diminishing returns. You might have guys tiers ahead… but I imagine they rank a bunch of guys so they understand their value. GB is unlikely to draft a QB this year, but…

I imagine they still have these guys ranked and on the board to track. If you just blindly draft best, top tier players at every pick… you could literally draft 4 WRs in a row or 4 CBs etc. They clearly take their roster, positions, etc all into account.

They invested in Love… they would be undercutting him and his value by say draft any QB in the first 2 rounds. So they might rank Corral or whoever a tier above, if they can’t trade out… they are likely drafting the next highest guy at a position that makes sense.

You exposed your lack of understanding of the process. There are tiers with board resets at the end of each day, that is never going to happen.