2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

3 hours ago, Isherwood said:

GB's 2 seconds could theoretically get you to the bottom of the 1st round. 53 & 92 would get you to #40, in theory. I would easily spend 2 seconds to get up to Pickens, but your point is well taken. We are in total agreement 

Green Bay has history of making draft day deals with Seattle, so their 2 SRPS are probably in play for a potential trade up.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, R T said:

The drafting of Josh Jackson is all proof that should be needed that the Packers will take the top player on their board. Gutes commented that night that they had no plans to draft a second CB but when Jackson fell and no trade materialized, they drafted him. That story has been supported several times since then. Many like yourself refuse to believe that because you have bought into the whole pre-draft needs thing, but the Packers handle needs in FA and draft the best player on their board in the draft. It is one of the big reasons they have drafted a player like Aaron Rodgers and others and stay ahead of the curve. 

Pretty sure the Rodgers' pick supports it as well.  Pretty positive that TT shopped the hell out of that pick.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, R T said:

The drafting of Josh Jackson is all proof that should be needed that the Packers will take the top player on their board. Gutes commented that night that they had no plans to draft a second CB but when Jackson fell and no trade materialized, they drafted him. That story has been supported several times since then. Many like yourself refuse to believe that because you have bought into the whole pre-draft needs thing, but the Packers handle needs in FA and draft the best player on their board in the draft. It is one of the big reasons they have drafted a player like Aaron Rodgers and others and stay ahead of the curve. 

Of course they will take a guy of great value if it falls into their lap. That's how they drafted Aaron Rodgers. But 99% of the time - just like last year - it was the BPA at an area of need. Either that or Gute is the luckiest man alive that CB and C just happened to be at the top of their board. LIS - thats why they lay out the board horizontally as well. Gute and or Ted explained that aspect of how their board is laid out

Edited by cannondale

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Green Bay has history of making draft day deals with Seattle, so their 2 SRPS are probably in play for a potential trade up.

Just saw a thing on Twitter where some SEA media guy did a MD wherein SEA traded up to our 22 (to nab some QB) by giving us their 40 & 41st 2nd round picks.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty sure the Rodgers' pick supports it as well.  Pretty positive that TT shopped the hell out of that pick.

I think the story goes that as Aaron fell Ted called Bob Harlan and said that he was gonna take him if he fell to them. Harlan said no problem. I only remember that because I found it interesting that TT called Harlan to get his approval. 

Edited by cannondale

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Just saw a thing on Twitter where some SEA media guy did a MD wherein SEA traded up to our 22 (to nab some QB) by giving us their 40 & 41st 2nd round picks.

Not sure who Seattle would be trading up for.  I'd have to imagine it'd have to be for a QB.

Just now, R T said:

You exposed your lack of understanding of the process. There are tiers with board resets at the end of each day, that is never going to happen.   

So they reset after say taking Pickett at 22/28… so they don’t draft Corral at 53.

Under this understanding do they not rank QBs this year and have them on their board? Because it seems dumb that they could draft a QB high this draft regardless of having Love on the roster… yet once they draft a guy this draft that wipes away tier ranks for the rest of the QBs in the 2022 draft.

The fact is I understand they reset after each day… they only talk about this all the time. That’s my point exactly. This isn’t about taking the highest ranked player every pick. If Matt corral was ranked the 50th best player in the draft going in… taking Pickett at 28 doesn’t make Corral not the 50th best player… just means he is no longer needed or has the same value to this team.

but they still have him ranked highly… if he was sitting there at 93, they still likely wouldn’t draft him. Because of diminishing value.  He would need to drop to like the 6th round for them to be like… we don’t need him but at this point investing a 6th rounder into the 50th rank prospect is a no brainer.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

I think the story goes that as Aaron fell Ted called Bob Harlan and said that he was gonna take him if he fell to them. Harlan said no problem.

I could have sworn NFL Network (or someone else) had said that Ted was waiting for a phone call with someone offering them anything remotely close to decent value for the pick, but no offer came.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I could have sworn NFL Network (or someone else) had said that Ted was waiting for a phone call with someone offering them anything remotely close to decent value for the pick, but no offer came.

That could have happened in conjuction with calling Harlan. I think TT obviously knew the ****storm that would follow and wanted support from above

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Not sure who Seattle would be trading up for.  I'd have to imagine it'd have to be for a QB.

Yes - as mentioned in my comment. Couldnt recall the QB's name though.......the Desmond guy?

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

So they reset after say taking Pickett at 22/28… so they don’t draft Corral at 53.

Under this understanding do they not rank QBs this year and have them on their board? Because it seems dumb that they could draft a QB high this draft regardless of having Love on the roster… yet once they draft a guy this draft that wipes away tier ranks for the rest of the QBs in the 2022 draft.

The fact is I understand they reset after each day… they only talk about this all the time. That’s my point exactly. This isn’t about taking the highest ranked player every pick. If Matt corral was ranked the 50th best player in the draft going in… taking Pickett at 28 doesn’t make Corral not the 50th best player… just means he is no longer needed or has the same value to this team.

but they still have him ranked highly… if he was sitting there at 93, they still likely wouldn’t draft him. Because of diminishing value.  He would need to drop to like the 6th round for them to be like… we don’t need him but at this point investing a 6th rounder into the 50th rank prospect is a no brainer.

Thats not how a board works though. Theyre not numbering these guys 1-100.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Likely why Gb brought him in for a pre draft visit. This would be why you keep a Randall Cobb in the room.

Again… hate to say it but if Green Bay can’t trade back, I wouldn’t be shocked at all if Pierce is their guy at 28. Dude literally checks a ton of boxes. He only has a poor agility test… but it’s also inline with what Jordy did.

If they can’t get a guy at 22 or trade up…

The agility test is the only reason these guys are even comapred, right? lol.

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

The agility test is the only reason these guys are even comapred, right? lol.

Idk how those compare but I've seen way way way worse white guy WR comps before