2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Anyone else kind of like Kevin Austin from ND? Seems to fit our profile. Good blocker, decent size. Absolutely blew up the combine (RAS 9.9)

I mentioned him earlier as the 4th round, ball of clay type. His athletic profile might bump him to late day 2 though so 92 may be in play depending on what we do with the first 4 picks.

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

This seems (to me) to be an absolute haul to come away with. I can't believe Karlaftis lasts to 28. There were no real reaches by me to get a specific position (apart from CB Jones). Biggest misses ? No OT, no Safety and no second WR yet (not so crucial if MVS returns and it looks like he might). NO ILB or a bigger-sized CB either, though the need is less with Devondre Campbell and Rasul Douglas both coming back.

Probably unrealistic, but would be nice to have.

Here's my initial WR grades.

Wide Receivers

1st Round Grade
1.) Drake London [WR; USC] (INJ)
2.) Treylon Burks [WR; Arkansas]
3.) Jameson Williams [WR; Alabama] (INJ)
4.) Chris Olave [WR; Ohio State]
5.) Garrett Wilson [WR; Ohio State]

2nd Round Grade
6.) George Pickens [WR; Georgia] (INJ)
7.) John Metchie II [WR; Alabama] (INJ)
8.) Jahan Dotson [WR; Penn State]
9.) Christian Watson [WR; North Dakota State]
10.) Jalen Tolbert [WR; South Alabama]
11.) Alec Pierce [WR; Cincinatti]
12.) David Bell [WR; Purdue]

3rd Round Grade
13.) Wan'Dale Robinson [WR; Kentucky]
14.) Skyy Moore [WR; Western Michigan]
15.) Calvin Austin III [WR; Memphis]

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Probably unrealistic, but would be nice to have.

I feel like most of the mock draft websites intentionally leave about a couple dozen random guys ridiculously underrated so that people feel smart about/love their draft so they come back.

• Like 5

If there is a player that I'd love to see in our offense it's Jahan Dotson. Yep, he's undersized, but he's a Top 3 route runner in this class, he can play anywhere and he can be also used in sweeps and trick plays. I'd pick London, Williams and Olave ahead of him, but if they are off the board I'd love to see him in green and gold.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I feel like most of the mock draft websites intentionally leave about a couple dozen random guys ridiculously underrated so that people feel smart about/love their draft so they come back.

I don't know if it's intentional, but there is sort of a perverse incentive here.  Like if you're way lower on a guy than everybody else covering the draft, you're incentivized against trying to figure out what everybody else sees in him.

23 minutes ago, Chili said:

@CWood21 Have you looked at Kahlil Shakir yet?

I feel like the Pam from the Office with two pictures meme when comparing Shakir and Dotson. Probably the hardest thing for me to wrap my head around when looking at the wide receivers this year is how far apart those two guys are in rankings. 

2 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I feel like the Pam from the Office with two pictures meme when comparing Shakir and Dotson. Probably the hardest thing for me to wrap my head around when looking at the wide receivers this year is how far apart those two guys are in rankings. 

Just going quickly through Shakir's game.  Dotson looks smoother.  Not saying that Shakir isn't smooth, just feel Dotson is more smooth in his movements.  Plus, while I think Dotson is a natural fit in the slot, I think he can play some boundary.  I don't really have that same vibe with Shakir who looks like a slot-only type.  Shakir seems like a value pick.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Here's my initial WR grades.

Wide Receivers

1st Round Grade
1.) Drake London [WR; USC] (INJ)
2.) Treylon Burks [WR; Arkansas]
3.) Jameson Williams [WR; Alabama] (INJ)
4.) Chris Olave [WR; Ohio State]
5.) Garrett Wilson [WR; Ohio State]

2nd Round Grade
6.) George Pickens [WR; Georgia] (INJ)
7.) John Metchie II [WR; Alabama] (INJ)
8.) Jahan Dotson [WR; Penn State]
9.) Christian Watson [WR; North Dakota State]
10.) Jalen Tolbert [WR; South Alabama]
11.) Alec Pierce [WR; Cincinatti]
12.) David Bell [WR; Purdue]

3rd Round Grade
13.) Wan'Dale Robinson [WR; Kentucky]
14.) Skyy Moore [WR; Western Michigan]
15.) Calvin Austin III [WR; Memphis]

Mine are very similar. Knock down Metchie (injury) 2-3 spots and switch Bell and Moore and they are pretty much identical.