2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

One of them, Pickens, will be a full go by TC. The other is going on PUP and going to miss more than half the season based on how cautious we are with injuries. Given we are basically year to year with Rodgers, yeah, I think it factors in greatly.

How much can you expect out of a guy who missed all of rookie, summer and training camps. Has no rapport with Rodgers which we all know what that means. 

If we go Williams, I'm thinking we have a 3-year commitment from Rodgers. 

Not about the current status,  but the history of it.  Injury risk increased due to prior injury

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Never said he was scheme dependent, no one runs ISO anymore. He's just not the guy who wins the route like some others in this class. If it's 3rd down and 3 with a playoff game on the line, I don't want LaFleur to have to think "what play can I call to open up London." I want him to ISO our our best guy and their best and know he'll win, like Tae did all the time.

I agree with this. Go for the talent. Make a statement.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Or we just know our team is good enough to win without him, and he'll be back by the time the games really matter.

And put him in 'games that matter,' they all do, with a QB who doesn't throw to people until he trusts them. Brilliant! 

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Never said he was scheme dependent, no one runs ISO anymore. He's just not the guy who wins the route like some others in this class. If it's 3rd down and 3 with a playoff game on the line, I don't want LaFleur to have to think "what play can I call to open up London." I want him to ISO our our best guy and their best and know he'll win, like Tae did all the time.

I think the only one you might make that argument for is Olave.

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

One of them, Pickens, will be a full go by TC. The other is going on PUP and going to miss more than half the season based on how cautious we are with injuries. Given we are basically year to year with Rodgers, yeah, I think it factors in greatly.

How much can you expect out of a guy who missed all of rookie, summer and training camps. Has no rapport with Rodgers which we all know what that means. 

If we go Williams, I'm thinking we have a 3-year commitment from Rodgers. 

I'm not sure that Jameson Williams is going to miss the entire year, or even half.  It was reported as torn January 11th, and figure surgery within a week of the injury.  Figure a ~9 month recover, so you're talking about mid-October for a potential return.  We've seen quicker rehabs (I believe Amari Rodgers was around 6 months later), but you're probably talking about a debut between Weeks 4-8.  I don't think he'd take him at 22, but I think he could take him at 28.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It was reported as torn January I don't think he'd take him at 22, but I think he could take him at 28.

Unless it's felt the injury could dampen his entire NFL career - ditch the draft value chart and take the talent. If he's got the goods over the others - dont play it cute and wind up losing the talent. Nail it.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

That way we would have 3 rookie WR's who Rodgers won't throw the ball too. Brilliant idea! 😉

lol .. he's going to have to throw to somebody.  really don't think he's going to have any problem throwing to anybody now Adams is gone.

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Just 3 minutes into Christian Watson highlights and i've already decided he's the best WR in the draft.

Am I crazy?

He might be and yes. Just a reminder he was doing that against very inferior competition. 

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Unless it's felt the injury could dampen his entire NFL career - ditch the draft value chart and take the talent. If he's got the goods over the others - dont play it cute and wind up losing the talent. Nail it.

I still think it's really bad optics to take a guy who isn't projected to play with your first pick.  LIS, I think if he's there at 28, you'd really be hard pressed to pass on him.

Watching Londons highlights I just don't see what he gives you over Lazard. Looks like the same player. I want someone with some burst and wiggle. Give me Dotson over London, kids a Yac monster. Then draft someone with speed to take the MVS role. Christian Watson is an MVS clone. He should be there in the 4th.

Edited by St Vince

Just now, CWood21 said:

I still think it's really bad optics to take a guy who isn't projected to play with your first pick.  LIS, I think if he's there at 28, you'd really be hard pressed to pass on him.

So you really think the top rated WR's gonna slide all the way to 28?

I'd look past the first few weeks of the season and consider the value over his projected career - versus - the possibility of him getting nabbed while we wait for him to fall.

TT liked to wait. At least Gute's been more aggressive.

In reality, I've no clue whats gonna happen - but with the context of this discussion only, I'd take the talent at 22.

Just now, Old Guy said:

He might be and yes. Just a reminder he was doing that against very inferior competition. 

True. It's just that players with huge upside no matter how little their college production or poor the quality of their competition they always get drafted early. We see it every year with teams in the hope of hitting it big. Christian Watson fits that profile to the T and because of that there's a very good chance he will be the first WR drafted especially since there's no Ja'Marr Chase level of talent in the draft.