2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

The more I watch individual game cutups of Burks the more impressed I am.    Think he fits better with the team than any of the other receivers in his tier despite the RAS limitations.  Three cones be damned - watch him catch a pass and outrun several Alabama DB's for 66 yards and you become pretty convinced he'll be okay if he doesn't have to play against cones.  He moves all over the formation which is so key for this offense and maybe wouldn't take him a couple years to develop that aspect like it might others.  Watched a lot of Pickens too and while there are things to like he's more limited in his ability to play in the slot, won't ever come out of the backfield and has some very soft, low effort moments blocking 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Leader said:

Yahoo Mock Draft:

22. Green Bay Packers (from Las Vegas Raiders) - Purdue EDGE George Karlaftis

With receiver somewhat picked over and a quality pass-rush talent on the board, this is the way we'll go here. The team drafted Rashan Gary at 12 with the two Smiths signed to big money. We think they'd absolutely consider Karlaftis here as a third rusher behind Gary and Preston Smith.

Two "Greek Freaks" in the state of Wisconsin? We'd love it.

28. Packers  -  North Dakota State WR Christian Watson

We don't personally see a first-round talent in Watson, but perhaps the Packers do, and Watson is very much their type. He's long, able to win vertically and gets after it as a run blocker. He'd likely be the Packers' third or fourth wideout but could play a pretty significant role as the shot-play target Aaron Rodgers could use.

For those interested in the WR group....

10. Jets (from Seahawks) - USC WR Drake London
11. Washington Commanders - Ohio State WR Garrett Wilson
17. Los Angeles Chargers - Alabama WR Jameson Williams
18. New Orleans Saints -  Ohio State WR Chris Olave
19. Eagles - Arkansas WR Treylon Burks
30. Chiefs - Penn State WR Jahan Dotson

If we take Watson over Dotson at 28 I might flip a table over.

And then two years from now Dotson will be buried on a bench somewhere and Watson will be on his second All Pro team and I'll be happy I was wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sandy said:

If we take Watson over Dotson at 28 I might flip a table over.

And then two years from now Dotson will be buried on a bench somewhere and Watson will be on his second All Pro team and I'll be happy I was wrong.

Dotson would have to fall, and probably by a lot, for GB to consider him. He doesn’t really meet any of their standards when it comes to measurements.

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=21120

I wouldn’t get my hopes up for Dotson. They would likely draft a lot of guys over him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Dotson would have to fall, and probably by a lot, for GB to consider him. He doesn’t really meet any of their standards when it comes to measurements.

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=21120

I wouldn’t get my hopes up for Dotson. They would likely draft a lot of guys over him.

Personally I've thrown the idea of their WR requirements out the window. The only two receivers they've brought in during Gute's tenure who don't meet either the height or weight benchmark were both brought in last season. Throw in that Amari only meets the weight requirement and I think they're using another evaluation system now. (although I do say this knowing Cobb was only brought in at ARs request -and that the benchmarks might still be in place for outside receivers).

11 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Personally I've thrown the idea of their WR requirements out the window. The only two receivers they've brought in during Gute's tenure who don't meet either the height or weight benchmark were both brought in last season. Throw in that Amari only meets the weight requirement and I think they're using another evaluation system now. (although I do say this knowing Cobb was only brought in at ARs request -and that the benchmarks might still be in place for outside receivers).

Again… I don’t think they are against guys who don’t meet their standards, they just aren’t using 28 overall on them. Amari was a 3rd rounder (a late one at that), if Dotson makes it to them in the 3rd round… I could see them taking him. Again comes down to value. So it’s always a sliding scale. They can bring in a small, skinny guy as an UDFA that meets none of their standards. But the cost to them is almost nothing. 1st rounders as Andrew Brandt always says… are like gold.

My point was you said you’d be mad if at 28 they select Watson over Dotson. My point is Watson and a few others would likely be the types of WRs that they would take at 28 (over Dotson).

They almost certainly would take Dotson at some point in the draft, just not with their “gold” picks. So it just a matter at what point would they be willing to look past their typical standards for Dotson…2nd? 3rd? 4th?

And I don’t think Dotson will fall far enough to where GB would be comfortable. So all I’m saying is if Dotson is your draft crush, chances are likely you’re going to be disappointed when it’s all done. More so when GB already has 2 small slot guys already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

We probably do cut A Jones next year, so it is possible. If Hall was there R2, I might consider it.

Hall is a stud. Walker is close. There's a big dropoff after those two guys. Then again, there are often mid to late round RBs that end up being good.

Edited by TheEagle

53 minutes ago, Sandy said:

They have a type, but there are two different types--one for slot/jet and for outside. Dotson could play slot for them, but they already have Cobb and Rodgers there, so I don't think he's a priority for them. Actually, the slot guy in general isn't a priority for them.

2 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

Hall is a stud. Walker is close. There's a big dropoff after those two guys. The again, there are often mid to late round RBs that end up being good.

You mean guys like Aaron Jones? It would be stupid to spend a premium pick on a RB. Kylin Hill has a chance to be the guy after Jones. 

Now is not the time to draft another RB. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You mean guys like Aaron Jones? It would be stupid to spend a premium pick on a RB. Kylin Hill has a chance to be the guy after Jones. 

Now is not the time to draft another RB. 

Breece Hall would be tempting in late round 2. He reminds me of Curtis Martin. I'd be disappointed if they did--like I was when they drafted Dillon. However, if Hall turned out to be a Hall of Famer like Martin, I'd forgive them. :)

Edited by TheEagle

Just now, TheEagle said:

Breece Hall would be tempting in late round 2. He reminds me of Curtis Martin.

No, he wouldn't. Jim Brown would not be tempting in round 2. RB's in the NFL are a dime a dozen when you have a good oline and franchise QB. If you don't, you go and get those positions filled before drafting a RB with a premium pick. If you do, you can find one who can get you yards. 

I'd sooner we got the punter Ariaza before a RB. 

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

The more I watch individual game cutups of Burks the more impressed I am.    Think he fits better with the team than any of the other receivers in his tier despite the RAS limitations.  Three cones be damned - watch him catch a pass and outrun several Alabama DB's for 66 yards and you become pretty convinced he'll be okay if he doesn't have to play against cones.  He moves all over the formation which is so key for this offense and maybe wouldn't take him a couple years to develop that aspect like it might others.  Watched a lot of Pickens too and while there are things to like he's more limited in his ability to play in the slot, won't ever come out of the backfield and has some very soft, low effort moments blocking 

I brought this up about a week ago about Burks and got a fair amount of pushback from those that want to make Snow White's roommates the Packers WR group. I'll repeat this part again, Burks is the perfect fit for the Shanahan/MLF/McVay offense, and I would guess he is one of the top WR's on the Packers board. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Again… I don’t think they are against guys who don’t meet their standards, they just aren’t using 28 overall on them. Amari was a 3rd rounder (a late one at that), if Dotson makes it to them in the 3rd round… I could see them taking him. Again comes down to value. So it’s always a sliding scale. They can bring in a small, skinny guy as an UDFA that meets none of their standards. But the cost to them is almost nothing. 1st rounders as Andrew Brandt always says… are like gold.

My point was you said you’d be mad if at 28 they select Watson over Dotson. My point is Watson and a few others would likely be the types of WRs that they would take at 28 (over Dotson).

They almost certainly would take Dotson at some point in the draft, just not with their “gold” picks. So it just a matter at what point would they be willing to look past their typical standards for Dotson…2nd? 3rd? 4th?

And I don’t think Dotson will fall far enough to where GB would be comfortable. So all I’m saying is if Dotson is your draft crush, chances are likely you’re going to be disappointed when it’s all done. More so when GB already has 2 small slot guys already.

If people want to zero in on slight 180ish lb. WR's maybe look at a day 3 guy like Tyquan Thornton, he is a player that has a real chance of being drafted by the Packers.