2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't even think there was a consensus on his 40 yard dash time.

Hamilton? It was 4.59 at the combine and pro day some folks had him timed at 4.7. He seems to play fast, but running the 40 looked labored for him. He wasn't the smooth athlete he is on the football field.  

Just now, Old Guy said:

Hamilton? It was 4.59 at the combine and pro day some folks had him timed at 4.7. He seems to play fast, but running the 40 looked labored for him. He wasn't the smooth athlete he is on the football field.  

Yeah.  I believe there were multiple reports that he was timed by several teams in the 4.5 range.

17 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He has GPS data that clocked him at 21mph in a game, that's legit speed. Don't think scouts really care about 40 times as much now that a lot of schools put the GPS trackers in shoulder pads.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Came in at EDGE weight. Probably smart, still love this guy, would be thrilled with WR at 22 and Thomas at 28.

6.87 come for his size is solid. I'd be on board. 

One thing I find interesting is that I don't know of any site that has Christian Watson rated as a 1st round pick. Yet a lot of people have the Packers taking him in their mocks at 28. I just wonder if he is being overhyped.

15 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

One thing I find interesting is that I don't know of any site that has Christian Watson rated as a 1st round pick. Yet a lot of people have the Packers taking him in their mocks at 28. I just wonder if he is being overhyped.

I think you’re seeing that because the scheme fit is actually quite remarkable when it comes to Watson and there’s an expectation that there will be a run on WR’s before the Packers are on the clock and they assume the Packers will “reach” to fill a need. 

15 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

NDSU runs the ball a lot, he's got great measurables, but I have some concerns.  He's able to run right by most of those Div 2 DBs.   In 4 years,  he had 14 TDs, that's just 3.5 per year.  He had 120 targets and 19 drops.   You are getting a project.  Might work, might not.  It's a gamble.  Worth pick 28????

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Some have WR Pierce rated lower still, but I took him in my (PFN) mock at 28. I went for a Safety, Hill at 22 (pure value pick), WR Christian Watson at 53 , DT/Edge Logan Hall at 59. I had Cade Otton as my blocking TE at 92, developmental OT Dare Rosenthal at 132 and Edge Paschal at 140.

I even went for a third WR Tanner Connor, with a 7th rounder, because he was 6'3", 230, with 4.37 40 speed. Now THAT is someone who should get a smile from ST coordinator Bisaccia, early in his career.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I even went for a third WR Tanner Connor, with a 7th rounder, because he was 6'3", 230, with 4.37 40 speed. Now THAT is someone who should get a smile from ST coordinator Bisaccia, early in his career.

👍

36 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

NDSU runs the ball a lot, he's got great measurables, but I have some concerns.  He's able to run right by most of those Div 2 DBs.   In 4 years,  he had 14 TDs, that's just 3.5 per year.  He had 120 targets and 19 drops.   You are getting a project.  Might work, might not.  It's a gamble.  Worth pick 28????

The drops have always been concerning for me as well, I think you have a lot of upside there because the measurable’s are there. I just don’t think I touch him until the 2nd round but if the Packers did take him in the 1st, I think you’re seeing what the Packers have been notorious for since Gutey has taken over & that’s a huge amount of trust in the coaching staff and just drafting on god given ability. 

23 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Give him Janis' old number.

7 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

The drops have always been concerning for me as well, I think you have a lot of upside there because the measurable’s are there. I just don’t think I touch him until the 2nd round but if the Packers did take him in the 1st, I think you’re seeing what the Packers have been notorious for since Gutey has taken over & that’s a huge amount of trust in the coaching staff and just drafting on god given ability. 

Yeah, I think he's a #2.  I'm just not sure he's a volume guy who can go for 8 catches for 150.  If he's not that guy you need someone who is.  

Pierce and Pickens are a couple of guys who can get volume, just not sure if the Packers are interested.

5 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Yeah, I think he's a #2.  I'm just not sure he's a volume guy who can go for 8 catches for 150.  If he's not that guy you need someone who is.  

Pierce and Pickens are a couple of guys who can get volume, just not sure if the Packers are interested.

Does GB want a high volume WR vs a spread it around attack?

How is accounting for 40+% of the passing game not volume?