2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

35 minutes ago, taylor made said:

If this is the case, I think Devin Lloyd has to be a big consideration wherever they are picking. 

Depends for me if all of the top 3 QBs are off the board when we pick around 10. 

If they're all gone when we pick - which I think is possible - then Nakobe Dean or  Lloyd are the guys I want ... IF Kyle Hamilton is also off the board which is also very possible IMO.

With Keim saying this, I have to believe that Collins will be cut bc they want Davis at WLB & Holcomb at SLB which is where they both should be playing.

If they don't get Dean or Lloyd, then in round 2 you have to consider Christian Harris (Bama) and if not LB again, in round 3 there is Brandon Smith (Penn State)or Damone Clark (LSU).

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

It’s likely take the BPA at QB at whatever pick we have 

BPA applied to a specific position group?  Not only does that contradict the idea of BPA, it is also a proposition that screams of desperation and can only result in failure.

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

I think we learned a lot about Kellen Mond just knowing he wasn't the starter over Mannion at week 16.  

Yeah, learned he's a developmental rookie which is what most of us thought to begin with. In defense of Mannion, he couldn't practice all last week bc of covid so he wasn't really 100% ready to go. But, he wasn't awful, 61%, 189 yds a TD & no ints. If Heinicke had that line yesterday we would be beaten the Eagles.

That being said I thought that Gilbert looked better for usn vs Phila than Mannion looked last night.

8 hours ago, offbyone said:

BPA applied to a specific position group?  Not only does that contradict the idea of BPA, it is also a proposition that screams of desperation and can only result in failure.

that happens all the time? Generalizing taking whatever of the QBs you think is the best available at whatever pick we have. 

• Like 1

I think we really screwed up the LB position this year by not signing a good veteran or 2 more-so than taking a developmental LB in round 1. Jamin wasn’t my first choice in the draft but, I certainly am not going to give up on him after one season when he was clearly a raw rookie and had a lot to learn. I expect him to get stronger and learn a lot this off-season and be our starting WLB next year or maybe he even puts on 5-10 pounds and play SLB and we keep Landon Collins at SS/WLB hybrid role.

My issue is as I look around at these vet linebackers who were cheap in FA like Alec Ogletree, Josh Bynes @e16bball’s guy and wish they were playing MLB for us or, we could've traded for Denzel Perryman who the Panthers ridiculously traded to the Raiders for a 6th round pick or Joe Schobert who the Jags & Urban Meyer ridiculously traded to the Steelers for a 6th round pick who’s also had a pro bowl like season.

I mean what the hell are we doing here Ron, the Marty’s & JDR?

Every Tom, D*ick and Harry knew Washington needed an upgrade over Bostic at LB, that Holcomb was ok but not a top-level starter, Jamin Davis was a raw rookie & probably wouldn't be ready to start week 1 and we needed much-improved depth at all LB positions to be honest, even Holcomb could be upgraded but, he's not awful.

Preferably as I was talking with someone else on Twitter yesterday, we draft or sign an upgrade at MLB who's a 3-down LB, Davis improves in his knowledge of the D and takes a big jump next off-season to be the WLB and Holcomb remains the SLB and is a 2-down LB who comes off the field when we are in the nickel/dime.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

He said he wasnt going to transfer but I thought he submitted to the committee for draft status info?  

My guess is he goes back to UVA. One more season and he’s most likely a first round pick. Right now he’d be a 4th-7th rounder plus the injury.